PVP gear prices in pre patch

This is what you should expect, and s4 gear for discounted arena points.

1 Like

I really hope so s4 is good for pre-patch wrath. And for twinks.

wanna bet, because you can’t use arena points after pre-patch launches. They gave away R14 gear for honor in TBC pre-patch.

Notice my sick gear.

I guess it’ll be the case. If they put everything in honor then the arena points will be useless.

S3 for honor and discounted S4 is the best choice.

2 Likes

But don’t these discount come in after the arena points conversion to honor? Or are you still able to earn new arena points after the conversion? i thought once the conversion happens, you cannot earn more arena points until the next season start to prevent people from capping out.

Might seem a dumb question, but I have some arena points now that I am trying to decide what to do with, and it all depends on whether conversion comes before or after discount.

Back then, you were able to earn & spend arena points until WOTLK release. So, prepatch included.

The arena points are useless in pre-patch. They get converted to honor after PVP offseason.

The level 70 PvP sets will be used early in arena season at 80

1 Like

Only if you can’t afford to craft the PVP set in Wrath and don’t have any honor saved up, and any marks saved up.

So only by noobs is what I’m trying to say.

There is an old blue post about it archived some place that said they didn’t feel the need to change the s3/s4 to honor and the s2 gear was powerful enough for an entry point into battlegrounds/arena/levelling. The only change was adding more powerful backs and trinkets for honor.

That makes no sense because you can’t use arena points in pre-patch at all. There are no arena points. There is no season.

They will change to honor instead of requiring arena points.

Wrong, arena s4 ends and you keep your rating, you can still get arena points to buy gear up to and when wotlk launches every week.

1 Like

Pre-patch is likely going to have different phases so they could very well allow you to keep and spend arena points for the first part of the pre-patch.

Wrong, they will give a PVP off season before prep-patch and then convert all arena points to honor at pre-patch since pre-patch is wrath.

We’re currently planning to end the fourth Arena season on October 14, 2008, and as always – this date could easily change. This Arena Season is only ending in respect to the ladder, meaning we’ll be taking a snapshot of the season’s ladder and then go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It’s very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the arena-specific title and/or Armored Nether Drake to refrain from transferring their character to another realm between the date outlined above, and when the end-of-season rewards are physically awarded.

Upon the end of this Arena Season, teams and ratings will not be wiped, and will carry forward allowing players to earn points each week and purchase gear until the launch of the expansion (November 13, 2008).

3 Likes

Unless the pvp season is still going on during prepatch Which I would laugh my head off and think is absolutely hilarious but I can’t see them doing it.

I don’t see how else they can do it I personally think that they should make all the PVP pieces for honor at this point might take but you know Because you can’t get conquest points during the prepatch at least that’s to my understanding.

On top of that Assuming the pvp season is over What’s the harm in letting people get season 4 for honor it’s the end of the game for goodness sake so why not?

Brother let’s hope and :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: That blizzard does that I would be so so angry if they didn’t On top of that why wouldn’t Make the other seasons cheaper in the very least season 3 available for honor at the very least there’s no reason not to.

It’s not gonna happen that way.

On both ptr and beta:

S4 CLOAKS are in

All set honor vendors are gone

S4 gear is full price arena points and normal rating reqs
S3 gear is half price, no rating requirements.

No S4 dk set is in the game (there was one, but it was added in Cata prepatch… IMHO stupid decision to not include it)