PvP gear no longer scales in WM?

I’ve noticed that the only bonus that I get when switching to WM is the +stamina from the pvp trinkets. My pvp gear does not scale up to it’s pvp ilvl in war mode, is this intended?

If so, terrible change. Why would I do world content if the gear I work for doesn’t scale in the world?

5 Likes

It scales up in pvp combat. I’ve noticed it scales up just by being in the general vicinity of the opposite faction.

2 Likes

Yep it’s like WOD gear.

It scales sometimes.

I noticed a few hours ago in a PvP battle I was fighting a 300k HP Rogue, and I only had 163k HP. Now, in the same gear, no one around, my HP is at 215k and it randomly scales and unscales.

I hate it.

6 Likes

I like how they add incentive to do World PvP via the Bloody Coins. Then make PvP gear bad in World PVP LOL

6 Likes

Pvp gear is literally bis in pvp. It scales fine

2 Likes

It scales fine in Battlegrounds and Arenas, not in the world. I’ve noticed this is mostly a Horde issue though. I haven’t heard from my Alliance friends of this happening to them, but I have three or four Horde friends where PvP scaling is broken in the open world.

2 Likes

I have never had an issue with my gear scaling in pvp.

War mode has never been more fun.

2 Likes

There have been some bugs with it scaling up. I’ve only experienced this about 2-3 times now, but occasionally I’ll stay at the same base ilvl health when engaging in PvP. The two times it happened was around the free for all areas, and then the other time was actually in Azure Span near Iskaara.

Still not even sure if its intended in the first place, given the wording on the gear.

1 Like

It scales fine for me. It might be buggy, but it is intended to scale. Can’t imagine PvP gear wouldn’t scale. That would seem absurd.

Yikes…

[edit] my bad. i just don’t trust blizz to get this scaling right.

The gear has never failed to scale correctly for me on Alliance, at least that I’ve noticed.

1 Like

I’m glad to know it’s not a Horde only issue like I first believed. That’s actually a relief.

I’m saying that it hasn’t happened to me as an Alliance player, so it might well be a Horde issue.

Did you have the assassin buff or anything? A bounty?

Ah, sorryt, I misread it.

No.

Ok I noticed my health went down when I had the assassin/marked as bounty. Idk maybe it shouldn’t have.

That’s kind of what the scaling bug does. Your stats fluctuate in the open world, as if the PvP gear is being toggled on/off.

I mean it is suppose to toggle on and off. On in PvP combat, off when not. Like WoD. Sounds like it’s not working properly.

As a side note, when bugs like this happen people should be posting them in the bug report forums too. I almost never see this stuff there.

Tooltip says otherwise, and even then, it doesn’t always do this. I’ve only experienced it 3 times total but of those 3 times my health did not scale up upon entering PvP combat and I stayed at my usual 200K health.