PvP gear no longer scales in WM?

Tooltip says otherwise what? According to the tooltips it only scales in BGs and Arenas. World PVP isn’t even referenced on the gear.

Yeah… That’s what I’m saying. It says its supposed to scale the item to X ilvl in Arenas and Battlegrounds. Its implied that that’s the only area that it will ever scale it’s ilvl, but upon engaging in PvP combat outside of those, it still scales it.

The tooltip before that new one was, “Scales to X ilvl in PvP combat.” If it were intended to do what it does now, what was the point of changing it to, “Scales in Arenas and Battlegrounds” when the old one worked fine?

The tooltip just doesn’t address world combat. Probably just poor wording on the tooltip. Because that is what I would guess considering the WPvP gear says the same thing.

I don’t think you realize that the WPvP gear isn’t gear designed specifically for WPvP. It’s just another avenue of gearing. It’s the same with Zereth Mortis gear, just because there was a vendor who sold gear for Sandworn Relics doesn’t mean that the gear obtained from that vendor was made for Zereth Mortis. It was dog ilvl and it did not make it the best gear for the zone, just another avenue of gearing.

Its the same with the WPvP gear, it’s not meant to be the best for WPvP but is there for those who enjoy it and want some way of gearing. The WPvP gear also doesn’t say that its tier set effect only works in Dragon Isles, it’s implied that it works everywhere because it doesn’t say otherwise, yet it doesn’t work in battlegrounds or arenas.

Ok and, but a person who only WPvPs can gear only by doing that. Not sure what you are arguing though because pvp gear is clearly meant to scale in War Mode just like it always has when it has had pvp specific levels.

Not sure where I argued against any of this.

So there’s a few problems here.

1. The gear doesn’t explicitly say it should scale in WPvP
  2. The gear scales somtimes in WPvP
  3. There is a misunderstanding as to how/when WPvP gear should scale

Correct, but based of off how PvP ilevel works I would probably says it’s like WoD where it scales once you enter PvP combat. It seems at least it’s TRYING to work that way.

I don’t think any PvP gear, regardless of where it is from, is meant to scale in War Mode. The tooltip implies that it only scales in Arenas and Battlegrounds is what Im saying.

It scales to its 411 ilvl in wpvp… doiiii

The PvP gear used to say.
Equip: Increases item level to 411 in Arena’s, Battlegrounds & WM ON.

No, in Shadowlands it used to say:
“Scales to item level X in PvP combat and in War Mode”

It scales. I enter combat or am attacked by a player I scale to 411. Pretty sure this is intentional. You don’t have it passively while in WM, you must enter combat with another player. It goes away after a little bit.

Im not sure it scales in Wpvp, a few hours ago i got killed by a DH on my fury warrior and i got killed with all CDs and he didnt lost any HP, im fully geared and he had 300k hp and i 200k before he attacked me.
Its impossible he killed me when both of us had full honor set, the only explanations is that he had 385ilvl pve gear while i have 340ilvl and the pvp gear didnt kicked in.

I’ve said it before, but the scaling is bugged.

I’m full PvP geared, and while I’ve only experienced this 3 times that I’ve noticed, my health will stay at 200K HP whenever I enter PvP combat. Most of the time it will scale to 300K with PvP ilvl, but then the times I mentioned it doesn’t.