PvP and how bad it is

Will blizz ever decide to give a single care in the world to PvP. It hasn’t been good or fun to play in over 6 years.

11 Likes

Its not a pvp game. Sadly the answer.

With that being said, I enjoyed the game for the story and that no longer seems to be their focal point either.

Mythics seem to be the focus but with the exodus of mythic + players just going to play other, actually competitive and difficult games, who knows what’ll happen.

1 Like

What do you mean? Whats wrong with PVP right now?

PVP is great right now

7 Likes

No, they won’t. Ion hates PvP, and it’s clear since they’ve done nothing with it in over 6 years.

I don’t know about the OP, but 20 minute wait times for epic BGs, no new BGs added in years, and the season method of gearing have completely turned me off to PvP. Probably the worst I’ve seen it since I joined in BC, and one of the main reasons I’m going to let my sub run out next month.

3 Likes

There’s actually no way any human being unironically thinks this

1 Like

I think PvP is substantially better right now than it was in Legion/BfA/Shadowlands, tbh.

Need some new bgs though.

6 Likes

Yes actually! Solo queue rbg is coming next patch! :blush:

7 Likes

Solo queue rbg looks awesome fr

9 Likes

I really only like random BGs. The games run anywhere from “what the heck is this total garbo, were being destroyed” to “man that was a lot of fun, everyone played well and the outcome was uncertain until the last minute.”

And it makes sense when you consider the possible outcomes of putting 20, 30, or 80 humans into an instance. Some will be bots. Some will be worse than bots. Some will have to take a phone call. Some willa be glads. Some will be in heirlooms. Some will be fully geared, enchanted, and gemmed out in bis equipment.

Expecting a consistent experience from pvp is something I personally have come to see as unrealistic.

I think people want rated pvp to have a consistent feel but I don’t know if that’s realistic.

3 Likes

Heal or i have no sympathy. Be a part of improving the community or you did this to yourself.

This is a valid problem and im hoping one that is next up after solo RBGs.

Respectfully, your preference doesnt determine thebstate of PVP.

I think youre in the minority.

1 Like

Ive heard there is a private server that has it back the old way we used to have it. With resil and all the good col fun stuff and with 5v5s. All Im gonna say. You want fun? You can still have it, just not from Blizzard anymore.

That is fair. For me I like the randomness, I will probably go to lower brackets in SQRBG where it is a mess of people who have no idea what is going on, but at least both sides will be this way :wink:

Cool. Let me know how to do that on my hunter that I pvp with.

Respectfully, my preference 100% determines MY view of the state of PvP.

2 Likes

Change classes. My queues are pretty fast.

Yeah, you’re literally proving my point of the state of PvP if the answer to my issues is to not play the class I want in PvP lol

Youre hearing what you want to hear. The choice was “heal or i have no sympathy” not, you cant play Hunter. But if you play hunter, domt complain about queue times.

Queue times arent a pvp problem. Theyre a player problem. What do you expect Blizzard to do about people being lazy and self-involved?

Wow used to have the best pvp out there compared to other games, im not sure about now since i havent pvped in a long time

So I feel like I didn’t specify exactly what I was getting at. BG’s will always either be super fun or super bad but that’s BG’s. Arenas on the other hand and simple game balance doesn’t exist. I played around 30-40 arenas this morning, in 2’s, my buddy and I were playing super well, went 9-2. But for some reason, whenever there was a DH on the enemy team, the games got 20 times harder. And the healers they were playing were so bad it wasn’t even funny. But DH just has so much pressure along with being surprisingly tanky in 2’s, that it made what should have 2 minute games 9-10 minutes. Every time we fought a DH, we’d win, but it just took way too much effort while they’re playing like trash. Ret’s are also a big issue since their rework in 10.0.7. There is no reason through Astral Shift + Guardian Spirit that my shaman should die. But the Ret is too busy hitting bubble and doing 100k dps, HoJ’ing me from 30 yards away. The balance of the past 6 years in PvP hasn’t existed.

1 Like

So the state of pvp is bad because a DH ate your lunch?

Wait, so if you aren’t a healer in pvp you’re lazy and self-involved?

Yeah, it did. And it used to not take 20 minutes for a hunter to find a BG, but apparently according to that other guy it’s because players are lazy and self-involved. Totally has nothing to do with Blizzard splitting up BGs despite dwindling subscribers lmao

1 Like