PvP Afk is AV safe?

False, I never got afkd out of a single bg not one time I never even got an afk debuff. Because I was playing the game. Controlling the objectives in a bg is the intent of the instance. It should not be punishable if the opposing force doesn’t decide to contest.

Then it sounds like you’ll have a successful appeal if this was a single circumstance and never happened before.

Best of luck with that appeal.

7 Likes

If you feel battlegrounds need to be changed you need to post constructively in the Battlegrounds forum. The Devs who make those decisions do not take feedback or suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

4 Likes

So, if the enemy doesn’t come to you - what is stopping you from venturing out of the tower and finding a fight?

Claiming to be defending when a tower isn’t being attacked is laughable…

6 Likes

Non-participation as referenced by Vrak for another player.

Specifically referencing defending bases away from the group.

8 Likes

Obviously not. I’m saying that doing nothing but sitting in towers every single game is pretty ridiculous if you’re in a random battleground. Also, if you were actioned, then a lack of damage/healing was probably a factor, which would mean that you weren’t really “defending” anything. Now, combine that with the fact that people repeatedly reported you for inactivity, and you have a story that suggests your claim of “defending towers” wasn’t entirely truthful.

I defend towers all the time in Alterac Valley but I still get loads of damage because I attack people that pass by, attack the captain, and/or Vann. You mean to tell me that you always just sit in towers, find NOBODY to attack, and NEVER go to the boss? Yeah, I’d report you too because you’re a waste of a player slot.

5 Likes

Because the moment you leave the tower undefended they backcap it, I cannot speak with certainty that there weren’t rogues and druids scoping out the bunker. Perhaps in the games where they didn’t contest they were dissuaded by the prot pally perma blocking the only entrance with consecration. Obviously there were games where we defended the bunker successfully and there were a few where we lost it. The fact of the matter is the way I played allowed us to win roughly 80% of our games. We rarely, very rarely got back capped because I would defend until the bunker could be reinforced or clear them with whomever was with me.
I would have been 1 shot by VANN and have no pressure in PvP but I can and did stay alive to spin the flag.

The boss is always dead by the time you hit the bridge, idk if you’ve played TBC AV lately. Vann is dead the moment we take the second tower.

This issue comes up from time to time. There is no great answer for it.

If you’re in AV and you’re defending, when most of the time nobody is attacking, you’re doing little damage or healing, and the rest of the team observes you motionless on the map with no damage or healing and reports you afk constantly… How exactly do we define “participating”? Defending an objective that your teammates do not find of any importance is stretching the boundary of participation.

Or perhaps, always being the one doing this is too much to demonstrate that you are always active. Maybe only having low damage games some smaller percentage of the time is the answer.

3 Likes

The entire match is this
Take two bunkers kill Vann
It isn’t debatable that the objective is important it’s pivotal to winning the match, take it from someone that has logged 40+ hours in the past week in Phase 5 AV.
We either pull Vann after the 2nd bunker burns or we lose, that’s the meta right now.
If that gets stalled the alliance win everytime.

The way you played got you suspended for inactivity. However, I don’t think anything productive is going to come from speculative bickering. I don’t know what happened. Only the GMs and players in your matches do, and the GMs evidently found cause to suspend you after investigating the numerous reports from players that found cause to report you. You can file an appeal if you think you were shafted, and that’s the end of it.

5 Likes