PvE to PvP Xfers

Is there a reason besides “It wasn’t allowed till LK” this doesn’t exist?

I understand back in the day they thought people would hop on the chance to lvl on the “easier” PvE server than switch but…I really don’t think it matters now.

Would be cool to play the chars I created to game with some of my friends that have since quit instead of just having them sit there. I mean I do have plenty to play now but would still be cool.

More transfer money from Blizz and PvE might lose a couple “toxic” players they hate so much - I’d think that would be a win for everyone.

12 Likes

They won’t even add it in WOTLK. Just like they didn’t add account to account transfers even tho it was available in original TBC pre patch

They need to remove this silly requirement so all the alliance that leveled on PVE to avoid being ganked can now move to PVP. It would help the populations.

Edit: Another for the block list. Making ignorant insulting assumptions is a sure fire way to get there fast, at least with me.

2 Likes

Blizzard are too busy doing things nobody asked for, like removing /spit to bother looking into this.

I have an alt on a PvE server that I want to move to the server my main is on… but I guess that’s not allowed due to some archaic restriction the devs probably don’t even know exists.

I’m not going to put time and effort into it if I can’t play it on the server my guild and my RL friends are on, so instead of one server getting another tank added to the dungeon pool, this character will just collect dust until wrath.

5 Likes

Funny enough the main char I would want to Xfer to my server from PvE is my Prot warrior. Seems “fun” but not fun enough to level a new char + trade skills from scratch.

Yeah I think they should enable this nothing really to lose. Let’s be honest majority of players “leveling” are in slave pens anyways so who cares if it’s pve or pvp server during leveling. Way I see it is easy $30 for blizz on xfer fee.

4 Likes

PvE to PvP will be available in WoTLKC.
Account transfer will not be available, as it is used by account sellers to maximize profit.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m not holding my breath - and I understand the wheels turn slow at Blizz HQ - perhaps more so now - but still seems like a win from every perspective.

Think before you post.
It’s available now on retail, was available then for vanilla/TBC/etc onwards. It’s tied to your battle net accounts, it absolutely does not enable account selling. Stop. Re-read. Think.

Says the green parsing warrior that probably doesn’t even know how to pvp :laughing:

It’s a stupid rule unless they maintain some form of server balance. The idea was that someone couldn’t bypass the hard-mode leveling on PVE servers and then switch to PvP servers, but servers like Kromcrush, Skeram and Heartseeker give pretty much full PVE leveling potential with a PvP tag. If someone wanted to do that they’d just level there and then switch to a balanced server. It’s stupid, but the best thing they could do is just merge some freaking servers.

1 Like

Please allow PvE to PvP transfers.

I feel so jealous of the few big servers when I’m LFG something for hours because my server is down to 1500 alliance players :frowning:

I would be 100% on board with this. I hate having gold stuck on a server I don’t play on.

PVE to PVP transfers were added for 6 months in TBC BEFORE the wrath prepatch, hence it’s an authentic TBC feature.

People who want to avoid ganking on PVP servers can easily pick a dead or 100% faction imbalanced realm, level to 70, then transfer.

This restriction has been meaningless for quite some time, and there is no reason it shouldn’t be removed.

2 Likes

just reroll Horde man. I did that with the new addiction of HvH BG’s

FWIW on the big servers they may have more people and a better auction house but the same issues are there with grouping.

I rolled an ally level 1 on Benediction just to see what people were so excited over and chat was all boost spam, groups looking for tanks (and the odd healer) and DPS looking for groups. A huge server is not some magical fairyland that cures everything where every group is out there looking for a rogue for a DPS spot. For the most part, it’s the same issues with more people.

On the topic, as I said in the other thread they may as well allow PVE to PVP server transfers. That part really doesn’t matter at this point.

2 Likes

We have enough soft players who don’t belong on pvp servers we don’t need more. Know your role.

Completely agree, this should’ve been allowed a looooooong time ago since classic was relaunched. In regards to the old concerns blizz had, the way people are playing the game today is totally different. Plenty of people just spam instances and even buy carries in PVP servers…and even the “world first” 60 and 70 characters were on PVP servers. I think it’s necessary to allow people who want to transfer from PVE realms to PVP realms for the sake of the community. Some of these servers are dead, some people transferred or rolled a character on a PVE server with their friends who no longer play, and some people just want to be part of an active PVP community. And like you said, this would be another revenue stream for Blizzard-Activision.

Also quite ridiculous they allowed a 58 character boost but won’t allow a PVE to PVP transfer at the start of pre-patch. The 58 boost was never in old school TBC so if they’re trying to say they want to keep it as it was, they already ruined it lol. There was also inter-account transfers which of course they aren’t offering either. All opportunities for them to make more revenue and give the community what it wants. It’s crazy they’re not capitalizing on it.