Purge Squads... really? *8.1 Spoilers*

Blizz, this is your answer to make the alliance "morally grey"? This is contrived crap. Seriously, your writers need to go. Get them a job at Huff Post or something, bring in real writers.
Is there some context to this?

I mean, I only act like I know it all.. I have to read and learn new things too.
10/23/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dîomedes
Blizz, this is your answer to make the alliance "morally grey"? This is contrived crap. Seriously, your writers need to go. Get them a job at Huff Post or something, bring in real writers.

Yeah I face palmed when I heard about it. Patch 8.1 story is just bad.
The only explanation I have for most of BfA's story is that they are going 100% all-in on trying to make the faction war seem as stupid as possible so that they can break down the faction barriers partway through or at the end of the expansion.

If they're actually playing this straight? HAHAHAHAHA
What do you expected? Sylvannas burning the tree to kill "hope" was bad writing from the start, so bad writing influences more bad writing!
I hope they kill off all of the snake people too.
I for one welcome our new imperial overlords.
WoW writing team is on some bad shrooms

At least it means i'll probably be able to play as a fluffy fox boi soon
Hope it's not Wyrnbanne that orders us to do this, he already ordered me to kill random Zandalari Exiles that had nothing to do with the horde.

It seems every Alliance victory has a condition to it, usually involves losing in some way, and every alliance morally grey act makes no sense at all.
Alliance are just NPC’s used to advance the Horde Saga at this point. Don’t know why any of this still shocks people.
Yeah seriously facepalmed here. I want to believe there's more to it than that but the lore we have on the Vulpera makes it near impossible...they're just desert nomads who helped out the horde player characters a few times while they were lost in the desert.

Somehow this translates into someone on the alliance saying "they must be purged".

...wait...Calia Menethil is there...
Not saying that the BfA story has been great so far, but can we get some context with the spoiler tag perhaps? I wana know why I’m freaking out before I freak out.
Wait, this game still has writers on payroll? O.o

Who knew? I thought it was fan fiction written by some guy locked in Salvador Dali's basement.

Cookie anyone?
We can’t kill hope? Oh yeah?! Take that you stupid little fox creature things!
1 Like
10/23/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Searik
Not saying that the BfA story has been great so far, but can we get some context with the spoiler tag perhaps? I wana know why I’m freaking out before I freak out.
As far as I know there is no context. There’s a questline for the Alliance that involves purging the Vulpera because they’ve helped the Horde but last I checked the content surrounding the start of the purge is sparse at best.

The Alliance has always had problems with overzealtry so I’m going to wait until the story goes live before I call it bad.
10/23/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Swiftraven
WoW writing team is on some bad shrooms

At least it means i'll probably be able to play as a fluffy fox boi soon
OwO
I would like to know if the Alliance is given any reason for this but I'm guessing it will follow the rest of BFA writing. We'll probably know as much about the purge squads as we do Uldir, scepter of whatever that we're raiding the city for, Rasta, etc.

So far, Alliance has had almost zero interaction with the Vulpera. The only thing I can think of is a handful of pirates in Freehold.
10/23/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dîomedes

Where is the completed, finished dialogue so we have some facts to make an informed opinion?
10/23/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Awby
The only explanation I have for most of BfA's story is that they are going 100% all-in on trying to make the faction war seem as stupid as possible so that they can break down the faction barriers partway through or at the end of the expansion.

If they're actually playing this straight? HAHAHAHAHA

They are playing it straight.

How do I know? Quite simple, really; Blizzard writers have never mastered subtlety- not even the third parties writers have. They can only beat you over the head the obvious and the mediocre.
Maybe some context maybe not. Either way, this "Purge" seems to clearly setup for playable Vulpeera at some point.