Purchase pending

I tried to buy the expansion in game. I noticed my default payment is an old canceled card that I no longer have the details of. I could not complete order. So I canceled out of the game and went to add a new card as my default payment via the browser.

All good. But I now notice there is a pending transaction in the Blizzard transaction log against the old card. I’m guessing this is fine and my bank account won’t be charged. I’m just checking because my bank account is being charged each month using this old card.

It sounds like I can go ahead and purchase the expansion using the new default payment and not be double charged. Right?

From what I can see, Ed, the first purchase attempt failed, it might just take a little time for that to update.

The second one, I assume is the new card, appears to be authorization pending.

Edit: Correction, it looks like the one current pending authorization is that original card… If that card isn’t any good, it will likely fail as well.

Yes. I haven’t tried the new card yet.

Also, I did not press the confirm button when using the old card because I did not have the security code. So I’m not sure how the transaction is even “Pending”

Not sure, Ed. It might be pending waiting for that code. Since it won’t get it, I don’t see how it won’t fail as well fairly soon.

1 Like