Punk Rock Fans

YES! I need to be able to like this more!

1 Like

When I was a kid my big brother told me the song “Whip it” by Devo was punk rock. I still like the song,

2 Likes

i started playing trombone in high school so i could be in a ska band. it sort of worked, i hung out with some people and played some music for a year or so until i got bored. but i did also join our HS marching band and take a trip to perform in florida, so that was cool.

2 Likes

also posting this because i haven’t seen them mentioned yet

4 Likes

This is me punking out

1 Like

Arguably new wave imo. I’ll accept it.

2 Likes

My main guild is still named ‘PunksNotDead’, one of my adult sons started it.

I’ve been in my guild since BC, and I’m pretty sure I don’t know the musical tastes of any of them. Just never comes up.

a 90 post topic on punk bands and no mention of dead kennedy’s???

shame

6 Likes

I love a lot of everything,…From Metallica to traditional Japanese to Hank Williams to Opera. lol.
The only line I draw is Yoko Ono :joy: :joy:

It is absolutely wild that nobody here has mentioned NOFX.

1 Like

What about the Beasty Boys? Google says “a hardcore punk band” and google never lies hehe

2 Likes

Me like rock.

i’m more into good music, actually…

dead milkmen, butthole surfers, amyl and the sniffers, snare and the idiots, naked raygun
…diy your life…fugazi…FTW

1 Like

Reading through these replies brought up a LOT of good bands id forgotten about

I’m convinced that theres a few cool guys here :wink: :joy:

1 Like

my undead warrior dances to Bad Brains. he is a big Sonic Youth and Husker Du fan.

1 Like

My favorite newish band is probably the Mean Jeans. They’re on Fat Wreck so not hard to find! There’s not as many new brands that I like but Bandcamp is where I go to find new stuff. X has a new album out and is doing a farewell tour, definitely going to see them. I got to see Jawbreaker last year and that was amazing, didn’t think I’d ever see them.

1 Like

Love me some punk rock. ‘Idles’ are my favorite new(ish) band, but if you throw any punk on the turntable I’ll almost certainly like it.

1 Like