Punk Rock Fans

I forgot a couple by the Damned.

1 Like

Oh dear. The Ramones were great.

I love a bit of Frenzal Rhomb myself being Australian.

Check out a song from my school days called Karn Kaant. A favourite of mine.

The guitarist in that song was a mate from school. Was great following bands like that around

i like that

1 Like

Yeah baby!!!

That link didn’t work. Try this one

1 Like

Just had a listen to it. Damn it’s a tune. Memories come flooding back. Actually brought a tear to my eye.

Slightly, sad story behind the band, the guitarist and his brother. Brother who was in my grade at school. Part of the reason for the tear

Saw these guys recently. Brisbane band.

I enjoyed them

3 Likes

interesting, working for me, but now we have it in stereo!

I mean. I used to be big into pop punk when I was a tween. Does that count?

The Cramps are cool too

3 Likes

Punk rock? Yeah, I love the Beach Boys.

2 Likes

I feel like Punk is so many things… and yet none.

I like some of the older punk stuff like the Ramones or the Clash. But the “punk” music turned into “screamo emo”or the “nu metal” people like Limp Biscuit and Korn and Lincoln Park.

1 Like

Social D/Mike Ness and Bad Religion are my favorites.

2 Likes

I have been to CB GB’s,saw the ramones,blondie,the dead boys and many others,

4 Likes

Circle jerks, anyone? :wink:

Rancid? Black Flag??

Of course i enjoy many genres of music, but punk does have a special place :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Not really for me. If there is loud bass in a song, I get actual pain in my chest.

How come no one mentioned - Dead Kennedy, The Clash, Crass, The Mob, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69, Conflict, Buzzcocks to name but a few - am I showing my age here?

6 Likes

My avatar speaks for itself as to what kind of bands I like…

3 Likes

Where do you guys live to be listening to this stuff :rofl:

3 Likes

Japan/UK /o/

I’m an old, but I’m an old who grew up in NYC, went to CBGBs, saw the Ramones play a few times. In the 80’s I veered into ska and then my aesthetic was more in line with what Siouxsie, The Cramps, and The Damned were doing and then I went goth but like… good goth… we didn’t call it that then… okay I’m about to turn into that horrible snobby person so I’ll stop :smile:.

Short answer is, yes! And Rockaway Beach is actually kind of a pain to get to and is indeed hard to reach if you don’t have a car.

3 Likes