Punishing cheaters - Heroic lockout exploiters

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

I’m sorry, call it what you want, it is an exploit, and those violated the TOS.

5 Likes

I don’t like to see players punished for stuff like this ever… But I’m afraid everyone knows that heroics have a daily lockout and exploiting that is a huge TOS violation in the simplest of the games terms… It’s also very easy to time stamp and ID all the loots and exp…. Too easy… I’m guessing we get a rollback.

1 Like

Ogri’la exploiters want to have a word with ya

Why? I don’t like to see it happen?

What? You don’t like to see people making thousands of golds with an exploit? They literally bought all flasks for free and make thousands of golds.

It was literally gold duping.

How can you dislike seeing justice being served?

Agree. But considering blizzard wouldn’t even remove the crazy bonus honor people exploited in the TBC prepatch, I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Exploiting known bugs for benefit is still TOS which you agreed to which you scrolled down and clicked “I accept”

Soooo yes I can imagine.

Most players are cheaters, or willful enablers of cheaters these days. Welcome to the modern player community - a reflection of our RL society.

4 Likes

Not even remotely the same thing. Like, at all.

I dislike seeing individuals get banned for something that was done wrong and was a temptation for them. I do not condone them doing it therefore a stand behind BLiZ… I don’t have to like it tho…

Let’s get Drain in here to see what he thinks.

1 Like

It is actually. People got honor capped in 1 day, where as other people got crazy slow honor that take weeks to cap if you aren’t no-lifing.

ZUG ZUG ZUG ZUG
:axe:

3 Likes

I still think they just rollback accounts that get caught without much more done… if anything. Probably the best punishment really.

1 Like

The real answer.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Can’t wait for the people crying here who get banned from it in a week or so from now on. Always a pleasure to witness. To justify that when everyone done it you could just do it yourself eventhough it is an exploit does not make you any better. Pay the stupid tax for being stupid. Simple as that.

3 Likes

Except there was no way to know what the expected honor rate was and nothing special was done. Nothing was communicated. And it was ordinary play. Having played a few hours at the start of pre-patch I just thought that was the rate. I played til I got the 2h sword and took a break. Few would have bought 60 gear if they had known it was going to drop like it did.

Saying otherwise it would be like if wotlk mobs drop double the gold or exp at launch. And blizzard bans everyone that kills or loots anything the first day.

Here we clearly know you can only do one heroic.

6 Likes

I didn’t say people should be banned for the honor bug. Just removing honor they shouldn’t have and/or any items would have sufficed. I was just using this as an example that blizzard will not self-correct when people exploit a bug. If anything, the honor bug was more detrimental to the game because you had people who exploited the bug and saved their honor enter season 1 in 250+ resil while everyone else was struggling with pathetic honor gains trying to get 1 bg piece. Ultimately blizzard didn’t care though, they just fixed the bug and called it a day with no consideration to the consequences of letting the people who exploited the bug keep their gains over everyone else.

They knew what they were doing, so they should get punished for it.

The amount of people defending cheating/scammy systems is why the US is turning into a dumpster fire.

7 Likes

Well my sticking point in your argument is it is not exploitive to just play the game. There was no way to avoid getting bugged honor, and we didnt know it was a bug. Resetting items or correcting would have been appropriate.

1 Like