Punching Down?

File this under: necessary evil.

Using humor to demonstrate how dangerously stupid that man is, was really the best way to get people locked in that cult of personality to try and see through the illusion.

Because, as we’ve seen, logic and reason CERTAINLY aren’t going to work. When all else fails, make 'em laugh.

And the reality of it was so tragic, all you could do was try and laugh. Because it would have been funny… if that dimwit hadn’t been the president.

And you want to call out “late night comedy” … when the guy himself names his super PAC “Make America Great Again, AGAIN.” I mean, don’t blame late night for making jokes when the guy IS a walking joke.

9 Likes

Let’s go Brandon!

22 Likes

Yes because anything offensive is out to destroy these communities right?

6 Likes

I’m convinced that blizzard employees are a bunch of Booksmart people with little to no street smarts.

13 Likes

Jokes shouldn’t be made about anyone’s race or sex, so leave out white males. Jokes should be acceptable about anti-vaxxers and pro-lifers.

2 Likes

And the people that worship pharmaceuticals and their party leader and the degenerates that engage in casual sexual behavior.

Plenty of jokes to go around.

17 Likes

I’d rather just avoid political jokes in general. I’d just as soon avoid the drama it inevitably spawns.

9 Likes

Nah, they can just give them suspensions.

1 Like

Can you please provide a reference? I’m not talking by players, I’m talking dialog or situation. You don’t have to spell it out, but give me the information so I can look for it. I’ve seen nothing of the sort in this game and I’ve been around a pretty long time.

Personally I prefer the South Park attitude towards humor… Absolutely nothing should be sacred, and everything should be made fun of.

34 Likes

Or we could talk about how the right believes in keeping the government out of your choices/life for things like medicine, social support, and other things to help humans, except when it comes to sex, procreation, drugs, or anything really. Then they are all about the government stepping in.

3 Likes

I mean Trump is an fat orange man with small hands and very small ego. The jokes kinda wrote themselves.

3 Likes

We could, and I would say good.

Where would that get us though?

1 Like

you can’t complain about other people being thin-skinned while also getting mad whenever somebody makes a joke about white cis dudes

3 Likes

Well, when Madeleine Roux keeps her NPC, we have our answer

31 Likes

How much you wanna bet that that NPC will survive the current sanitizing wave?

I think the trouble would be finding someone to bet against you.

7 Likes

It’s telling that that NPC wasn’t something the devs pushed forward as a problematic nod to an inappropriate RL reference

7 Likes

She really is my personal hero, made a ton of people rage simply by posting on her twitter account years before she was contracted by blizzard, hopefully they contract her again. wish she was a soulbind and was the meta one to hear the outrage culture give up some tasty salt.

5 Likes

Honestly it’s not Madeleine Roux who makes me mad as much as it is Blizzard’s double-standard. If they weren’t so militant about removing so many other RL references for similar or even tamer transgressions, I wouldn’t have an issue with it.

17 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t have a standard. This is part of the reason all the changes are inconsistent and gives the feeling of a chicken running around without a head.

17 Likes

This is the definition of hypocrisy if you are then the first to jump on when a man does it.

3 Likes