#PullTheRipcord

Six months ago: “Shadowlands is undeniably much better than BFA ever was!”

Today: “I think I’m just going to run some Island Expeditions.”

It’s too late to pull that ripcord, but I hope they start thinking about surgical removal. Remove covenant lock, and let us experience the breadth of the content.

2 Likes

To a ton of players - this IS the ripcord.

It already exists - just remove the 2 week time gate and the 2 “fill the bar” quests.

3 Likes

Can I get a hallelujah?!

2 Likes

I cope by playing TBC. It has the feel to it that i miss in retail. Sucks that it has a specific end and no chance of anything new in the future however.

Granted i left two weeks into SL after realizing its just all the same BFA systems but repackaged in a way thats better but doesnt solve the issues.

So im back for just that. Unsure if ill even play SL while im back, maybe level a character.

I just couldn’t commit more time to another MMORPG, especially when it’s the same company thats driving Shadowlands to an early grave.

Just want retail to be the best game, man…

2 Likes

I haven’t thrown you a bump in a while, so here is one:

I still don’t think pulling the ripcord will make the game more fun, but we more than likely don’t have anything new to say to each other on that topic.

However,

I was thinking about the issue of recrafting legendary items into different slots. Whereas I don’t think its too big of an ask to make players refarm ash (especially with the changes to ash farming), I am now of a mind to think that giving players a way refund their existing ash would not be significantly detrimental and would probably make enough people happy that it would be worth doing just to create some good will. Cheers!

Thats not the same because if it was, come raid time, they can just… put on their raid gear… hence… PULLTHECORD! Dont make it a week event and 10 hours of quests to change covs.

1 Like

I play a couple Riot games, specifically Legends of Runeterra.

Right now people are INCREDIBLY unhappy since three decks are completely dominating the meta in a RPS way, pushing every single other deck out of the meta.

Then we got a balance patch which completely failed to address those issues which made people even madder.

So do you know what Riot did? They actually talked to the community. They explained why they made the decisions they did and why they couldn’t snap their fingers for an instant solution. They gave a timeframe for when they could implement a solution and now their subreddit is no longer 95% anger.

Transparency buys an incredible amount of goodwill from the community and costs nothing but a small amount of dev time.

5 Likes

No ty. We don’t want transparency we want changes

Change won’t come without transparency

2 Likes

Changes come from the wallet not opinions, transparency etc

2 Likes

They also deleted their forums ages ago, and now use other websites as official channels of communication.

I think it would be quite entertaining for Actiblizz to do the same.

For most people it’s not the ash that’s the problem, it’s the cost of the base item. My very first legendary cost me in total of 350K gold to make. If I were leather class it probably would be 1.5 times of that amount. That is not a small investment. And I just spent another 100K gold to remake it into another slot. That is not cool. This is the sort of thing that we should be made aware BEFORE we started crafting legendary.

1 Like

Ion says re-grind those legendaries suckers

1 Like

I’m treating this like another BFA and have already unsubbed.

I don’t like Torghast and I don’t want to run it just to possibly recraft my legendaries. I know they increased the amount of ash you get but it’s the principle of the damn thing. Beyond that, if you have to try and find the good in the design, then the design is inherently bad to begin with.

In the past, when Raiding was really the only form of endgame power progression, tier sets made more sense, but once Mythic+ was introduced, that entire dynamic changed. You can’t put a source of player power that works in literally every other form of endgame content and expect players to be happy to run a piece of content they might not enjoy. I haven’t raided in earnest in years, and honestly was never planning to again. The stupid domination gear forces one, not literal, to run content they might not want to run just to stay competitive on content they DO want to run.

Don’t even get me started on PvP. The baboons at Blizzard apparently haven’t figured out how to read and just left all the feedback threads on the PTR to rot.

5 Likes

It works

We just need to change the mount to a rabbit pulled sled

1 Like

And? If it means that they will actually engage with the community rather than sitting on high, delete the forums tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah, they should delete the forums. The only downside is I would lose a lot of entertainment .

2 Likes

True, true…Wow forums more entertaining than torghast.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

8 Likes

The only winning move is not to play.

5 Likes