#PullTheRipcord

I’ve almost finished the 40 renown on every covenant.

I went 40 Necrolord, dropped it and picked up Night Fae 40 followed by 40 Kyrian and I’m currently 33 as Venthyr.

I can’t really grasp the fact anyone actually bought the meaningful choice narrative. I literally leapt from Covenant to Covenant haha. Ion with the best PR spin I’ve ever seen.

:wave:

Nah. Plenty of us here.

An echo-chamber isn’t the same as a ghost town. The forum is very active. It just isn’t active for this topic as it isn’t a big deal to most players. It was just something people were mad about for a short time.

Riiiiggghhtttt…

3 Likes

There are constantly different topics that people are hyped up about. This topic just lost its speed.

I think a lot of people have given up any hope for Blizzard to fix a garbage system and just have reverted to raid logging. I’m not really in that camp, I’m happy to keep beating the drum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

they need some content for 9.3 so they will wait to announce free covenant swapping in 9.3, to get people hyped up.

Dw it’s happening eventually. Patience is key my friend.

The game is in good shape

Ripcord doesn’t exist.

1 Like

I really don’t see what “pulling the ripcord” is really going to accomplish to be quite honest.

What you will get is everybody will choose whatever Night Fae abilities are awesome while being in another covenant, lol.

Then you’ll have a whole slew of abilities that suck and the newbies won’t actually know that unless they read guides, and meh.

Why don’t we try buffing the other abilities to compensate? That seems like such a better idea than just removing the whole lore reason as to why the abilities exist. I can’t say I like the idea of a Necrolord running around in Soulshape or a Venthyr calling upon the power of nature to do a Faeline Stomp or what-not.

So you’re saying instead of having 100% of Druids being Nightfae we could have people being able to choose the covenant that they like the look of most? Sign me up.

Have you even been playing this game lately? The whole point is blizzard is both unable and/or unwilling to make rapid and constant balance changes. Balance doesn’t need to be an important factor if covenant abilities are a talent row.

You must be missing the part where it was discussed it would be extremely easy to modify the abilities to make them fit the theme of a different covenant.

It’s pretty strange you don’t like the idea of abilities being changed when they’ve been in the game for what, a total of 6 months? lol.

2 Likes

I can see this happening 100%.

1 Like

It’s quite literally the Blizzard playbook. Ignore the problem until the final patch when they finally put a garbage system in a somewhat reasonable working order before scratching it for the new convoluted system.

That doesn’t make it good.

Actually i think quite literally everyone knows thats what is going to happen.

4 Likes

Character identity was a goal for covenants. Pulling the ripcord will allow that to happen.

Players will also be able to make meaningful choices, in particular when they play across various specs and content types.

Casual players will also benefit because they’ll be able to test and experiment with all the different abilities for themselves rather than having to rely on what some website tells them to pick.

Overall, the punishing aspect of the restrictions goes away. Players can then have fun making meaningful choices and actually establish a sense of identity in relation the the big theme for this expansions story.

1 Like

You’d still have the problem of having 2-3 abilities that are awesome, and 5+ that (almost) nobody uses because they absolutely stink.

And maybe Blizz should just stop being lazy, to be honest.

And since Blizz is lazy, do you really think they want to sit down and re-write lore and everything to give carbon copies of all the abilities to all the covenants?

Then you’d have players rolling their eyes when all 4 covenants have access to all 8 abilities, they’ll call it copypasta and… well they wouldn’t be wrong.

It would feel incredibly lazy.

I think the problem is more the content than the abilities, maybe Mythic is just a terrible idea all-around.

EDIT: And what about Soulbinds?

Pretty sure some of the Soulbinds have actual impact on your character’s performance, right? I wouldn’t be surprised if some overpowered combination would arise out of choosing different covenants’ abilities paired up with different covenants’ soulbinds.

That’s where you’re wrong. There is no problem, you think there is but there isn’t.

Correct, I would love to just stay Kyrian on my Shaman because I love their theme, love their armor but the ability is absolute trash and feels like garbage to use. I don’t want the abiliy or the potion, I’m a dwarf.

I’d love to use soulshape and necrolord ability while talking trash about all the other covenants. Instead i float between covenants doing their quests and will ultimately end up back at Necrolord when i hit 40 with venthyr. what a great system.

They had a real opportunity to build loyalty like they did with Alliance/Horde. They squandered that incredibly.

Great, I’d rather have 2-3 choices than 1.

Rewrite lore? What are you talking about man. The lore already makes absolutely no sense with the covenants locking out their abilities to us. We are the maw-walker, did you even quest? We are responsible for all 4 zones fixing their issues, then they asked us to help deal with Denathrius and are now asking us to go after the Jailer. In what planet does asking for our help to beat the ultimate big baddy but refusing to let us use the abilities we already had access too when the covenants already work together? lol… come on man.

https://twitter.com/LimitThdlock/status/1381207016941756422/photo/1

Nothing to see here guys, no problems here.

3 Likes

Meh.

Mythic is like, what, 10% of players in their special little clubhouse?

To the other 90% of players, your covenant choice matters little.

They should just disable covenant abilities in Mythic and retune them to match.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/covenant-choice-popularity-for-shadowlands-dps-tank-and-healers-using-wowranks-319716

Like I’m sure at this point you just have no interest in seeing any numbers, but we have numbers thanks to WoW armory being a thing. We have an overwhelming amount of evidence to show people pick the best covenant.

1 Like

Again, we’re talking about a special little elite clubhouse in the upper 10% of the game.

For the rest of the 90% of people, it simply doesn’t matter, or it wouldn’t matter if we didn’t have Icy Veins, WoWhead, etc telling people what to pick because “some elites said so”.

Okay, now I’m confident you actually spent no time reading anything I link and you’re not interested in looking at any evidence that goes against your own beliefs.

Quite literally the first text on that link is:

`WoWRanks. IO is new WoW rankings website and one of their amazing features is a statistics page. WoWRanks. IO tracks the breakdown of all players’ Covenant choice and the option to break it down by class and spec.

So no, you’re wrong. It’s not a “special little elite clubhouse”, this is everyone.

4 Likes

What I’m saying is that it really shouldn’t matter to anybody not doing Mythic, but yet a lot of players just glance at a guide on WoWhead to find “the best” and those guides were written by Mythic Players and number-crunchers.

Joe Schmoe player who doesn’t touch Mythic gets to Oribos and goes “Hmm what should I pick…”, opens WoWhead and it says “If you wanna do dungeons, you pick Night Fae” and he goes “ok sure Night Fae” without even thinking.

A lot of players are like this.

EDIT: I did look at the link provided and, not counting poor Necrolords (they just need some balance fixes), the other 3 covenants, OVERALL, are pretty balanced. There’s a 3% disparity between Night Fae and Kyrian.

3%.

That sounds pretty well balanced to me. But again, Necrolord is only half of Night Fae, so… yeah, obviously, Necrolords need major buffs.

That, and… not everybody likes death and goth emo junk. Maldraxxus is a place that I go to as sparingly as possible because of how depressing the place is.