#PullTheRipcord

Go play a disc priest without mind games and report back when you get 1600, then we can discuss this.

3 Likes

Deanthrius is dead, now everyone gets to swapped to their preferred covenants. Yeehaw…

So…
about 56,000 views.
thread is still going strong.
it would be really interesting if blizz addressed this.

2 Likes

I think them not addressing it at Blizzconline shows that they aren’t really interested in coming to the table.

Damn Blizzcon was truly awful, shoulda been an email or a blue post.

3 Likes

yeah, the leak was actually better.

so much disappointment.

1 Like

No tier sets, dude. REEEEE.

No tier sets, no ripcord. Diablo 2 (Refunded?). Also no updates to conduits, the venari grind is gonna be made useless. Everything is real Sadge.

#PullTheRipcord

Yeah i’m on board.

To all the deepest pits of the HFIL with this system.

#PullTheRipcord.

1 Like

“yeah maybe in 9.1 we do some new conduits… not but we’re thinking about it”

“ah yea tier sets are still maybe being thought of we’ll see”

“check out these super below average transmogs for the new sets though!”

2 Likes

Death to conduit energy.

2 Likes

:rofl:

They did, there was a blue post that explained why they weren’t going to do it.

1 Like

Just looking at my alts that I potentially want to cap next, after my three month break. Made me realize that a good portion of them, will either be Night Fae or Kyrian which I both dislike cosmetically.

Woo such a fun system! /s

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

Yeah and it is just a cop out. They could of easily made it so any class ability could of been used with any soul bind from any covenant and they could still do it with the expanding of soul binds coming in 9.1. All it would take is a conduit.

If a person wants to stick with their chosen covenants specific class ability they don’t have to socket the conduit.

Could even just be a 24 hour buff the player gets from visiting the covenant’s leader/Emissary. Swaps out the covenant abilities. Requires honored rep. The CD for the swap is 5 minutes. When you’re ready to swap, visit the covenant leader.

Heck, even better, make it a tabard or “anima stone” that you plug into a conduit slot like Waidmann writes.

Just have us pick the covenant for aesthetic and philosophical reasons.

I’d have zero reason to change because I’m more about the way the covenants are now, but opening them up like this wouldn’t bother me at all.

2 Likes

#pulltheripcord

1 Like

#DropShadowlands #Nomoreborrowpowers. #Learnfromyourmistakes.

1 Like

The covenant restrictions on abilities / soulbinds / signature abilities have been, so far, the worst aspect of Shadowlands- followed quickly by the fragmentation of the plot due to it being broken up by covenants.

6 Likes

The sad reality is people are dropping this expansion like a hot potato, this was supposed to be the “good” expansion in the good/bad/good/bad cycle and everyone is vanishing.

Show us some good faith you respect our time and #PullTheRipcord

2 Likes

I mean, It matters a lot to me, I’m opposed, but not entirely against the idea; the change in dps isn’t too too significant, but I kinda care about my character’s identity and its affiliation to Maldraxxus.

People talk of immersion, well here it is, we have it.

1 Like

If you earn a renown tied to a soul bind or souls bind talent row, you keep that soul bind no matter what covenant you’re actively tied to. So if we wanted to go through every covenant, we could gather 12 soul bonds to switch between and whichever bind you choose you gain their covenant abilities.

Am I hoping too much

That was my second post ever and I’ve been here a looooooooooong time. I must really dislike this system strongly.

3 Likes