#PullTheRipcord

I like the talent row idea. But it still leaves the basest concepts of the covenants pretty much dead if there’s no borrowed power to them.

Optional quest hubs at best.

It’s still a system redesign, and a major component one at that.

The focus just shift to soulbinds and which one is better…and that will be the “best” covenant. Take the soulbinds out, then it’ll be the whatever one has the better table or specific event for doing.

I never disagreed with Ion about how players will spreadsheet fun out of the game btw.

The issue is all the borrowed power systems in general enable the mathemagic in the first place.

If >95% of the “power” is in the class, and those classes are useful in a variety of gameplay element, and the borrowed power is the aperitif…the opportunities for spreadsheeting are minimized.

Covenants as factions could have worked in that environment. There’s too many systems to “game out” as they are now and no way of stopping it.

3 Likes

That’s what they should of been. Faction hubs that fit the aesthetic we want .

Oh and there is a way to tie power to the class abilities.

Give them ranks and as the rep with a covenant you got an ability increases so does that abilities power.

Want to tie all the class abilities to one covenant . Simple tie to the chosen covenant’s soul binds via a conduit.

Turn the covenant specific abilities in to open world zone abilities only .

You are in Bastion you get a swolken , revendreth you get the mirror ability, night fae you get to shape shift and get a speed boost , and necro you get a shield.

3 Likes

You need to be in a free fall in order to pull the ripcord.

These posts get old. I like covenants and choices.

What choice? SL is literally meta or leave.

7 Likes

A Kyrian Vengeance DH.

I’ll take didn’t see that coming for $500 bob.

You are literally the definition of a meta vengeance DH LOL.

Very brave!

8 Likes

The best part about covenants is I literally can’t tell you what kyrian or night fae shaman does since those were bad choices for my shaman alt. Even on this toon (although shadow priest covenants are moderately balanced, with night fae starting to take the lead) I couldn’t recall what kyrian even did when someone asked because it just wasn’t one on the icyveins list to pick.

1 Like

Night fae shaman is absolute hot garbage in PvE and PvP. It’s hilarious.

Also i love the fact the only classes I see in Necrolord hall are DK and Shamans… very cool!

Every so often you’ll see a shadow priest to be fair. Although I think most are gonna swap to Night Fae here soon since Cooldown Reduction is absurd.

1 Like

I love that night fae became meta because it means all the pve shadow priests became a negative threat level.

Gotta watch out for disc though because they still run MG.

Yeah, I tried to pvp on this guy and unholy transfusion felt so bad. At least I have a WW monk who can 100-0 people while pretending it’s skill and not overtuned abilities that carry me.

God the nerf hammer is going to hit WW’s so hard after this tier it’s going to leave them with whiplash.

Can’t remember another time WW was as good as it is for the entire tier.

Probably. I made one for raid to replace my shadow priest in case our monks don’t show for the melee damage. PVP nerfs will suck, bit I made him as a replacement thankfully.

It looks like being able to change your class abilities to fit the content or spec you are playing without having to change the covenant you want for the aesthetics.

Really wish i could play around with other covenant abilities :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe if we put the :parachute: on Ion and step on the ripcord it will pull and you will be able to

4 Likes

#PullTheRipcord

Nothing else to say to qualify it. Just pull it.

3 Likes

#pullthedevcord (by which I mean please, for the love of god, excise the cancer upon this game that is ION.)

2 Likes

We gave covenants a shot, been a few months, we have lived through the massive flaws of the system, let’s just remove it please.

3 Likes

Barely.

How has this fallen off?

9.0.5 is coming. Pull! Announce it at blizzCONline and hear the applause!

2 Likes

#PullTheRipcord indeed.

2 Likes