#PullTheRipcord

Why? To make a certain group of players happy. Nothing more or less.

Acting like it is any more than that is foolish. Acting like because they did it Blizzard was wrong is also foolish. Blizzard picked to changed it, it has nothing to do with the community being right. We did not need the vendor system, corruptions or the changes to essence. If Blizzard never gave it. Nothing would have happen, they picked to do it.

And how the community acting, starting to think maybe that was a mistake if they really think they know better than the developers all because developers changed things up.

Well Blizzard heard both sides, and told your side no for now. So you can keep on with the self pity hissy fits of asking for it, and maybe one day get it…but Blizzard has stated the ripcord will not happen, and for now it is just spam.

Maybe in patch 9.3 or something you might get it. :slight_smile:

Spammer says what?

1 Like

They picked to do it because they saw the negative impact those systems were having on their retail numbers. Classic saved this game during it’s darkest hour yet. Might want to keep up with industry news.

1 Like

Hold on… do you mean classic…?

The thing Blizzard said no to for years and years when the community kept making thread after thread and begging for it?

Are you… wait… what are you trying to say?

But…but blizzard said no…

They stated it!

What’s this all mean, I can’t comprehend it…someone help me clear things up here! Does this mean Blizzard was wrong ?

4 Likes

Everyone just needs to pull the ripcord on Khaeryn and just put her on ignore.

All she is trying to do is derail the thread.

As far as I’m concerned she’s a bargain rack Trollnechka

#ripcord9.0.5

2 Likes

Exactly…

1 Like

There is so much wrong with this post I don’t even know where to start.

You literally just said they’re doing it to make players happy. So then that means…they…were…? It’s not a trick question here.

If it had nothing to do with the community being right, why do they say they do it because of player feedback? It is just…unfathomably stupid what you’re saying here. Blizzard literally, in their own blizzcon announcing Classic, made fun of their previous stance because they recognized that they were wrong.

Blizzard is a company, they don’t make changes willy nilly. If nothing would have happened had they not changed those systems, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE INVESTED DEVELOPER TIME IN CHANGING THEM.

I don’t think I “know better than developers,” but I certainly know better than you. Thank god you aren’t the one holding the reins to this game.

2 Likes

If it was spam this thread would be deleted. Also again, WoD flying. If anything you’ve been spamming this thread and being antagonistic with points that don’t even add up to proper reasoning as to why it should remain the way it is.

While at the same time not once refuting any of the points I’ve made as to why the system is bad. So that tells me you know it’s bad but don’t care and only seek to attempt to (and very badly if I may add) get a rise out of the opposite side.

3 Likes

I doubt it had anything to do with retail numbers to be honest.

I think giving in to what players wanted was a easier thing to design and make a patch for, than coming up with creative ideas or systems to advance the story/patches.

Truth be told it was a smart business move, and community fell for it. It is easy to build brownie points up with the community by giving them what they want, and that also cuts back on needing to come up with new design also. It was a win/win on Blizzard part.

There you go everyone, this is how you concede your point had no merits while at the same time not having to admit you are wrong.

Actually spectacular. In absolute awe at this response.

4 Likes

“We aren’t wrong. We’re just doing it because it’s easier than fixing what is objectively a terrible system”

…wait…

3 Likes

“They weren’t listening to feedback they were just doing a”

I am HOWLING in laughter right now Khaelyn. Bless you :relaxed:

You know what would be awesome? If they listened to feedback did a smart business move :wink: and pulled the rupcord.

2 Likes

Not sure what you are talking about now, What I said is just my views.

If this “ripcord” happens It will be much later. The term “how many raid tiers will it cost” happen for a reason. This feedback giving, is just a excuse for Blizzard to at a later date use it for a patch. And say here ya go this patch we changed the whole system up like you wanted. From a business stand point it is smart, but I hate it because from someone who likes the system in first place. Wasting time with a patch to change just means got to wait longer for content.

It had everything to do with retail numbers dropping out the bottom. FF14 numbers now rival that of WoW’s because people left for it and ESO. You said yourself that Blizz is a business. What does a business care about most, it’s bottom line. Less people playing because of a sucky product makes a company change it’s path. Covenants are nothing but another azerite bomb waiting to happen.

6 Likes

Do we need to start a new thread #SmartBusinessMove ? Clearly it’s the way Blizzard can save face according to Khaelyn.

4 Likes

If only we had business suit transmogs to wear in game. Then we could post on these forums as intelligent businessmen with the next great #SmartBusinessMove

2 Likes

We don’t know the numbers. So I don’t want to assume that. In fact, Blizzard stated that covid the numbers of subs has went up. (even though i’m not sure when it was added.)

The “subs” dropping excuse is just what people say to make them feel better that the feedback is right and because Blizzard does not listen to them. They are losing subs. No grounds for that logic. They could be losing subs because they always do at the end of a expansion, and or because BFA itself was just bad and no amount of feedback going to fix islands, or warfronts from being better.

I mean i clearly know more about this type of stuff than you and timmy. So it is fine.

I will say it again, Just because Blizzard gives you what you want…does not mean that the system they had was wrong. Blizzard used your feedback to help build a patch. Instead of adding more content.

Congrats you all are so clever pats head

Now it is my bed time. You all are soooo great. Keep helping make Wow better with your great feedback!

i mean i dropped the game in legion when they introduced the new systems. dropped it for 2/3 of this xpac too. dont really think its too much of an excuse, it happens

2 Likes