#PullTheRipcord

What’s the point of that? Just say your piece and be done with it. Flag the thread and be done with it. If Blizzard feels the thread is spam they can lock and/or delete it.

Like Classic WoW?

How many replies have you created just to say that this thread is spam? Three, at least.

3 Likes

So every single time the players have identified a problem, gave feedback to get it made more player friendly and blizzard have changed it is different to this how?

All things that you did not get until much later.

and I comment on it being spam because that is the topic at hand. keep up

We are just starting the same process that’s worked for every single bad idea that’s caused nothing but frustration for the whole playing population

What are you even whinging about here?

5 Likes

Because the players don’t design the game. Blizzard does. I do not play a game design by this community.

It is ok to give feedback, but when Blizzard does not agree with you. That is that. And after we have it out live a few months to see what they do with it. Than we can bring it back up.

Blizzard said no. So having a hissy fit about it, is spam. I blame Blizzard for not deleting the thread in the first place. Like they did with classic wow threads, and essence vendor when the community got the answer. Letting this keep on just makes Blizzard look bad for enabling hissy fits.

This post is 10,000 posts long

There are posts about the exact same thing in the beta forums

A large portion of the player base on the beta thinks the whole system is a huge waste of time

Almost every single content creator in the game has pointed out flaws in the system

Do you even know how annoying it is on the beta to test the covenants? It requires me to make another copy of the class I’m using currently to use a different covenant then I have to run around and do an hours worth of quests that might be broken so I can accurately test it to give good feedback

Just because blizzard said “no” doesn’t mean they’ve made the correct choice if the player base says “this idea is a huge waste of effort”

After playing shadowlands I can’t even verbalise how much of a waste of time the whole covenant system has felt like and could have easily been replaced with a new talent tier and no one would have cared at all

Don’t tell us how to give feedback, if you don’t like the feedback make your own feedback thread and go and be clueless there

5 Likes

Asking for things is normal. Getting told no is normal. Asking, even demanding, again and again and again is normal. That’s how people get what they want, especially when what they want might not be popular at the time. If your expectation is for people to ask for something and take no for an answer, you’re delusional.

1 Like

Do we need to bring up Essences or Classic again?

So your takeaway is that because people dislike system released at X point of time, and Blizzard change it at Y point in time, that discussing it before Y is pointless?

That’s a big brain take even from you.

3 Likes

WoD flying says otherwise. There are also plenty of other examples of that not being true at all.

That was much later.

But you know what? Blizzard might have felt that the essence system was fine, but gave the community what they wanted much later near the end of the life cycle just to be nice. They could have very well thought the system they had worked just fine.

So because Blizzard does something, the community acts like they are right because Blizzard did it. It amazes me how this community acts.

Every example you all gave, was much later after the game was live and we went through the way Blizzard done it.

The point is. Right now talking about it is pointless. You are not getting your ripcord pulled, it might happen much later. But as of now. No means no.

In a thread with over 10k posts i think its fair to say many do want changes. Its not just one person and its not just the 1%. Also the fact that many of us keep posting on the same thread means we do not want to spam the forums. We are keeping it cool in this thread. So welcome.

2 Likes

Talking about it now, and continuing to talk about it, is why it might happen later. That’s how basically every player advocated change ever made in the history of the game has been achieved. Give me an example of something that people in the community asked for, were denied, dropped it immediately, and then were given that thing later anyway. You can’t, because if they had dropped it you wouldn’t even know about it.

Until it isn’t. Essences took a while, Classic took a while, hell, even the High Elf customization options you’re currently using took players years of campaigning to get.

Correct. Especially if Blizzard repeatedly says they won’t do that, and then eventually they do.

If we’re looking at an even more modern example, Conduits and Soulbinds have all undergone extensive reworks due to player feedback, hell, they scrapped a proposed system that would make Covenants essentially SL and Instance locked within days because it was unpopular.

Due entirely to player feedback, Conduits went from a relic style item that had to be constantly re-grinded, to a library system with a week long cooldown on reset, to a system that allows you more flexibility in swapping.

Which just means that you don’t actually understand how Blizzard listens to feedback.

They don’t read a suggestion and then immediately implement it or put it in the shredder, Blizzard get ground down by feedback on issues where they’ve really dug in their heels over months, as they make minor concession after minor concession until we get what we want.

You can read within this thread that while Timbo, myself and many other prominent people who want the Ripcord pulled would like it to happen before launch, we’ve never had that as a realistic expectation. We’re not gunna get dissuaded by the fact that Blizzard said “no” once.

5 Likes

The level of ego behind that logic is amazing. Blizzard picking to give the community what it wants means that Blizzard was wrong, and that the community is right.

So any changes that Blizzard makes, can be turned around and said “See I told you so Blizzard.” Not a level of just maybe Blizzard thought what they had worked and they just gave what community wanted just to make them happy. It has nothing to do with if it failed or not. They changed the system once we got to play how they envision it. Nothing more or less.

At this point, if Blizzard pulls the ripcord, it will just encourage the community to not try any new systems that they deem is bad for the game, and it ends up where people who enjoy the system. Got to be louder and spam louder to drown out the ones who don’t.

Even pointing to this thread acting like it has 10k people, most of the same people repeating, and I bet if we had downvotes. It would have way more downvotes than up votes. This community is huge and one part of it is loud does not mean it is the most.

I’m ok with a ripcord getting pulled way later in the expansion, but If Blizzard caves in before the expansion hits. It would just encourage people to throw hissy fits at Blizzard until they get way. Just like a child screaming in the store.

The system is bad, not sure you’re aware many people have been playing alpha/beta for a very long time. It’s not going to magically transform when it hits live.

It’s going through the process everyone knew Blizzard would have to take when they stated they didn’t want to pull the ripcord, and it was ensure everything is close by nerfing every facet of them to the ground.

I can’t wait for covenants to hit live, this thread is set to explode like a landmine.

5 Likes

The level of ego behind that logic is amazing. Blizzard picking to give the community what it wants means that Blizzard was wrong, and that the community is right.

Uh…yeah. Literally that. If Blizzard says no to vocal player feedback, and then later reverses course (citing player feedback as the reason I’ll add) yes, it’s absolutely a case of the players being right and blizzard being wrong. It’s really that simple.

You want to know how you got a bunch of old priest spells back in your spellbook? Because for years players have been saying that they didn’t like how stripped down their classes were getting with every expansion. And then Blizzard finally said “Okay you got us, we did take this too far.”

If that’s not Blizzard being wrong, I really don’t know what is.

I bet if we had downvotes. It would have way more downvotes than up votes.

And yet you can’t seem to get that many upvotes on your posts here. All these imaginary people you think would have downvoted them would surely have upvoted the replies against it, no? Oh wait…

2 Likes

And many people also said they enjoyed it.

BS because you all said Blizzard could not balance it. Now that they are doing it. You all turning it around acting like it it being balance is nerfed to the ground when you all said they could not do it in the first place give me a break.

I call BS on that. They gave what we wanted, nothing more or less. We would have been just fine without the vendors, but Blizzard added it. I just wonder how much other content got cut out, with them listening to player feedback and balancing things.

A mmo will always change, and even if they listen to feedback does not mean they are wrong with how they envision it. They just picked to give the community what they wanted AFTER we did it how they wanted.

To say Blizzard listen to our feedback because we are right and they are wrong just makes me LOL.

You realize that if they were “right” in their decision, they wouldn’t reverse it, yeah?

3 Likes

Literally dozens of upvotes! She’s so popular she had to hide her account history :laughing:

No, she doesn’t realise that. It’s lost on her. Maybe this army of upvotes will start to appear.

Khaelyn why don’t you start your own thread arguing against pull the ripcord? Would love to have a conversation there.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say this .

I can only see Khaeryns posts when others post it but she is making me kind of miss Trollnechka.

#pullingtheripcordwouldofmadethechoicemoremeaningfulthenthecurrentwhackamolenerfbattingbeingdonewill

1 Like