#PullTheRipcord

I would like a system where we simply don’t lose the abilities we learn while leveling, and can just choose from a table in oribos or via tomes to swap them. Soulbinds similarly would could be open but unlocked via covenant campaigns and would be linked to the covenant abiliities ie kyrian soulbind=swolebro, necrolord=shield. Mogs, covenant features, and possibly dungeon affixes could be tied to the active covenant selection.

When’s the last time we got new abilities that actually stuck with the class? And I’m not talking about abilities we lost that turned into talents, and then came back as baseline again.

Borrowed power is not needed. We used to have somewhat good balance without borrowed power. I feel like borrowed power only makes the game harder to balance especially in a two year time frame that Blizzard gives us.

If the core of the classes were good and didn’t need borrowed power in the first place to feel “complete” we wouldn’t cry as much as we do now. Borrowed power I feel like only creates more problems than it fixes especially with past iterations that we’ve seen. If the community knows what’s wrong with a class, you don’t need borrowed power to fix it. That’s why every new expansion our classes feel stale, slow, and incomplete. We have so much taken away from our classes due to borrowed power.

3 Likes

Instead of Covenants, Blizzard could have made a level 60 talent row and voila. No one would be complaining. So much less work. So much less money thrown at developing the Covenant system and trying to fix it. Then the Covenants could have been only the signature ability and cosmetic rewards, and truly locked so it’s actually a meaningful choice. That would have been my preference.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m against pull the rip cord. While I won’t lie the system isn’t perfect but I’m looking forward to it.

Wait so you would rather them just throw away covenants in it entirety and just gave us a new talent tree?

Man that sounds amazing, sign me up.

When was the last time we got a new row of talents? Let us look forward to using more stuff once the expansion is over.

So far we’ve only had 3 expansions (including SL). Honestly believe legion was successful because what was our borrowed power. Great weapons of azorth welded by great men and women of it. Such as ashBringer or thunderfury. I think borrow power is fine depending on where we are players are going and facing. Granted I’m more a lore than gameplay type of guy.

1 Like

If you don’t care about the gameplay aspects why are you against pulling the ripcord? All we want is power decoupled from covenants. How would this impact you if you don’t care anyway?

1 Like

That’s not what I said. I play the game more for the lore but I still play the game. The lore isn’t the sole reason I stick around. I think cov ability’s being exclusive is just neat. Something I personally enjoy. While I won’t ignore the problems it will have, at the end I’m going to enjoy it even if my cov is bad or good. Just like having exclusive ability’s with factions I like.

How can you be a lore guy and like Legion? How many Ashbringers did ACME Corp toss together so every paladin could have one? That doesn’t really stand up in lore, my dude.

And what people want is for covenants to -be- a lore choice. People -want- to be locked to a covenant, but they want the power to be seperate from said covenant. There are tons of rogues that don’t wanna be necrolord and plenty of DKs that don’t wanna be Night Fae.

I like legion artifacts. Also I said, I don’t speak for no one but me. That’s what I want, not saying others will.

I don’t understand how you like covenants from a lore perspective. If I could choose covenants based entirely off story and aesthetics, you bet I would. As it is, most people are going to be choosing a covenant they don’t like because the power dictates that they need to. That doesn’t really fit in with ‘lore’. It’s bad.

Dude I said i liked it for gameplay reason. Don’t know why your trying to convince me it’s bad. I just find it neat, not saying it should be this way. I just find it neat. I’m the comment that I said I like I’m a lore over gameplay type of guy doesn’t me I’m all lore or nothing. Gameplay is still important to me

Ion, Why don’t you pull the ripcord? A large amount of the playerbase would love to be able to explore all of the covenant abilities

Ion: I just think locking power behind covenants is neat!

5 Likes

Okay. Then explain something else to me. How is only having 1 ability to play around with better gameplay than having a choice of 4 abilities, each of which you can try in different content?

I don’t think it’s all right. I would actually love the ability to switch around ability’s so you aren’t locked into one build of content. I find exclusive ability’s to certain factions neat

Man you’re really keen on just running this word into the ground huh?

1 Like

Neat. I like neat

Do you think you’ll find it neat when your covenant of choice gets smashed with the nerf hammer in week 3s balance pass?

Idk. Prob not? Most people aren’t happy when something they like get nerfed or not because they like it even if it’s deserved