#PullTheRipcord

Thanks for the conversation Froom.

To be fair, its the Covenant choice + Soulbind choice where choosing sub-optimal to optimal you have 17-30% difference, scaling the gap more and more with item level.

Or just get into an abusive relationship with a psychopath.

Seems like the best way to describe the relationship with blizzard lately.

2 Likes

Soulbinds are part of covenants, though. That’s kinda the thing. I can’t choose a venthyr covenant ability and mix it with a necrolord soulbind, yaknow?

Yeah? So I get my information from another party, so it’s invalid?

This statement is invalid, as it’s based on information from a third party. Go away, dude.

2 Likes

Baseline delta between all covenants for moonkins is currently 7% increase from the worst to 24% for the best, so a range of 17%, WITHOUT considering soulbinds. Add legendaries into the mix and that range increases to 28%, again without soulbind consideration.

5 Likes

People living in the delusional world thinking the difference from one Covenant choice to another is 1-2% are in for a rude awakening. I’d wager even heroic raiders will try to filter players by their choices and there will be addons to come to list player Covenant choices.

2 Likes

Covenants, soul binds and conduits are all worse than azerite armor and the early artifact weapon talent traits.

Only legendary gear can save systemlands caked on systems. But the only logical solution would be nerfing covenenats, soul binds and conduits to the ground . of course that would invalidate the marketing hype of systemlands revolving around covenants but who cares?

Let gear be gear and let legendary gear actually be legendary. Covenants, soul binds and conduits are all just trash and that consensus is growing in beta.

:100:

7 Likes

Could it be you’re inferring that I should test the system myself before I can say whether it’s negligible or not? Because, I don’t have beta access, and in live, covenants will be locked, so there will be no feasible way for me to actually do my own testing. So, in order to actually make an informed decision in Shadowlands, I need beta? Does that seem like a good system to you, dude? Please explain.

2 Likes

Some soul binds and conduits are clearly focused on PVE raids/m+ while others are purely for flavor or leveling. And then there are some that are purely for PVP.

There isn’t much choice between them when they are clearly delineated as to how they will be used.

3 Likes

Ok. This is clickbait.

There are 4 covenants for Fury. Obvious. 1 is pure dmg. It provides no group utility but can through a bind provide personal dmg reduction.

The other two, provide two different forms of CC and provide additional rage generation. The 4th is a stacking buff, that has the potential to scale considerably as well as group benefit to both mitigation and dmg to 2 group members.

Are you actually trying to make the patchwork comparison between 1 full dmg choice vs 2 dmg/ cc vs 1 dmg/ party utility without actually factoring any of the utility? Or the best possible full dmg setup vs. setups that provide other non-dps benefits?

Next are you going to show us how the MSR leggo is “less dps” that RD or DM too?

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I don’t know fury warriors, so I shouldn’t have taken something I saw at face value and used it in my argument. I do, however, know druids, and there is a 30% disparity between best and worst setups there. A 16% difference between best and worst covenant alone.

Also, I’d like to do my own testing, but since I don’t have beta, I’m not allowed to, and will need to rely on a third party to determine what will function best for me. Do you feel this is a good system?

2 Likes

Here lies the true problem …Preach doesn’t speak for me or my likes and I bet he doesn’t speak for the majority of us.

Okay, then speak for yourself. What about the system is good? Is it good that unless you have beta you have zero opportunity to test what is good for yourself? Is it good that they now have 144 different spec/covenant combos to balance?

5 Likes

Preach has agreed with Ion that we should have cookie cutter builds and our output should merely depend on how fast we punch keys and in which order …BORING , unless you find that exciting …I sure don’t

Okay, so…I asked you to speak for yourself. Stop bringing up Preach, we’re not on that anymore. What about being locked into a covenant is good? What makes you think that there won’t be a best and we’ll end up with all the people who actually care about their raid being the exact same spec/covenant combo competing by seeing how fast they punch keys in the right order?

3 Likes

I was speaking for myself ?? not sure where the hostility is coming from here

I’m not really being hostile, I’m asking you to answer my questions, that’s all. What about being locked to a covenant do you feel is good? Do you believe that raiders won’t research what is best for their spec and end up being in the same covenant as all the other people that share their spec in the raid? I’m just trying to get some answers here. Do you think it’s good that unless a player has beta access they won’t have an opportunity to test what covenant is best for them?

2 Likes

I just wanna dawn cute armor hit some nice buttons and smash stuff with my buddies at the end of a long hard day at work…Is that too much to ask? I can’t afford to fire my brain up past 25% at the most or I’ll fry my brain out.

I swear if I made a drinking game outta everytime Blizzard installed something dumb I think I would be dead by now.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going to be stuck going necrolord. :frowning:

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes

I never once supported locking us to a covenant , not once did I say that …what I did say was I’m tired of the game developers giving more weight to streamers on twitch than to what players like you and me have been screaming for , I that’s right I, me want the ability to have choices instead of being forced to have it only one way… I want diversity and the freedom to make the choice I don’t want Preach telling me what’s best and for Ion to nod his agreement and close the topic based on an interview