#PullTheRipcord

LMAO My sides.

3 Likes

Why am I not surprised that you play Overwatch?

If it was true, feel free to report them. But press X for doubt.

X

1 Like

Laugh all you want, this is the cult community you’ve cultivated.

All the more reason not to touch the system, y’all don’t deserve it.

1 Like

Oh yeah ? Death threats in this thread ? I must have missed them all.

The original thread did get reported for Real-life personal threats.

Okay, a casual perspective. I respect that choice and understand it.

Okay and you’d be right that at some point any covenant and spec combination will be able to clear whatever. The point I’m trying to make here is for those players that want to push doing it quicker and put the effort in why should we be penalized because you want the aesthetic over mechanics. This example just sort of makes me believe that whether or not we have freedom to change at any time it wouldn’t affect you at all.

This I can absolutely agree with.

I’ll keep this short. When Azerite Essences were released. They said they had absolutely no intention of giving us account wide accessibility. Metrics and player outcry and it was a LOT of outcry made them do a double take. As they realized we don’t want to do this stupid grind repeatedly even on a casual level. Broken system that hurt their overall bottom line of profit and player interaction. Which would have been fixed if they had just listened to players that had tested it and even played it for the first two months. No ripcord and they then did an immediate ‘oh sh**’ and ripped the cord.

As well, we have only the most current players that actively test the beta STILL saying covenant being tied to player power remains an awful system. As I mentioned previously, they are a sample size of the players who will attempt to fully flesh out the systems before they are (semi) permanently implemented. Along with Ion telling us that they have a ripcord should the system fail means they have some level of doubt that it can and would fail. Which isn’t a bad thing to have as a just in case. That just in case is seemingly to be a sooner rather than later issue.

First bit, yeah that’s human nature and it’s fair to hold that mentality at an arms length. Secondly Preach is right it won’t really affect the top 1% really. We’ll grind whatever we need to. What I’m trying to express is more so than making it easier for us alone. It’s to combat that toxic middle ground of players that will look at the top 1% and go ‘You have to be this combination’ which the top percent will get flamed for.

Of course there will always be a mix of CE players and casuals that will flip in what they like and that’s fine. Just allowing for the freedom to choose is what I personally want. There isn’t any reason why power should be tied to an arbitrary choice that really does nothing other than give players flavor text.

You mean the sort where devs respond to pretty much all negative PTR and beta feedback with “don’t worry about it, it’ll be fine on live”, push their flawed system, pretend like they had no idea it would turn out exactly like players said, and push some half-baked fix?

Positive communication goes both ways. If devs want us to give them a chance they have to show they’re actually willing to listen and meet us halfway instead of dig their heels in out of wounded pride whenever their next system gets criticized.

1 Like

There it is - the contempt Timba has for everyone who isn’t posting on max-level toons. Just another criterion he judges when considering the points of posters on the GD.

Your post really drives home my point and everyone who doesn’t want to pull the ripcord.

2 Likes

I agree that you guys can freely give feedback both here and on the beta forums infact I am happy that you do as it does point out possible problems to the devs that they should look at.

I just want to be clear that not everyone hates the system as proposed, and if the devs choose to keep it as is I will be happy and if they choose to change it I will replan my builds based on those changes (as if I can get other powers with the aesthetic I like I would probably reconsider some of my choices).

I do believe that if nothing changes prior to release it does not mean that Blizzard has ignored your comments as I am sure they read posts on the forums to determine what metrics to look at in the future.

They rely too much on metrics from a bubble, insulated focus group and not on the long time WoW MMORPG veterans.

And you are right this is how we ended up with Battle for Abilities. :+1:

2 Likes

And when people do post on max level toons, they get berated on the forums for their achievements along with death threats in-game. Just can’t win.

2 Likes

I don’t play overwatch, I play WoW.

To make it clear, I would never buy Shadowlands with what I’m seeing on the beta personnaly. I lost my optimism toward Blizzard after the combo of Wod/Legion/BFA.

Even Legion made me nearly quit the game, but BFA just didn’t have the quality of Legion so I quitted for half of it. Came back for corruptions to have some unhinged fun, knowing that the system would be broken. Probably shouldn’t have as Nyalotha was one of the most boring raid.

it’s still up to change before launch so I have some hope things can change, which is why I am here but if the release doesn’t change enough from now. It’s an opt-out expansion for me.

The absolute contempt ! How dare I make a joke about the tsunami of 20-110 players supporting a player unfriendly system?

Are you sure? Cause if they pull the ripcord, all of our toons are going to be the exact same again just like they are now in BFA.

If you enjoy insipid games, you should play Overwatch.

1 Like

Like how they’ve been from Vanilla>BFA.

Where as I am quite happy with shadowlands and actually preordered and stocked up on enough gametime to at least get to the raid (ends in Feb), if I continue after that will depend on the quality of the endgame content my concern with wow previously and currently is unless M+ affixes offer alot of variety in how the dungeons play out not sure if I could keep playing the same 6-10 dungeons for months on end

I am sure.

Everyone’s going to be the same in SL regardless of the RIPCORD.

Sorry sir, I play Wow, not OW.

These people won’t be satisfied until we’re all the same.

Might as well remove factions, classes, specs, races and gear at this point. Let’s all play as nameless shapeless blobs. Can’t have any sort of imbalance right?

2 Likes

Strawman is strawman
:clown_face: