#PullTheRipcord

What server?

Warrior and Hunter are Lightbringer. Although I just tried to armory my warrior. It does not exist?

483 warrior with 12/12 m done, neato.

Not really sure why it matters.

Who cares?

I care about identity, so I’ll stick with my first choice.

I don’t need other people to be restricted between covenants in order for me to get the value and benefit of identity by staying loyal to my choice.

If everyone could switch around, I wouldn’t even know it. Its not like some bell goes off each time someone swaps a covenant.

The game, literally, is no different for me if others can enjoy the game by swapping freely.

8 Likes

What happened man? Did you buy your account, is that why you’re having trouble posting on the other characters? What changed with you in the past 3 months that you went from “These people are right. Covenants have no chance, you have no idea how to balance.” to this? Did this person that owned your account previously get fed up with corruption and sell it to you?

1 Like

Because posting on an alt with no experience of the game in a discussion where were talking about min-maxxers. Even though I’m pretty sure most of the people in this thread don’t min-max.

Most of the people here just want these covenant abilities to not be locked so they can test out builds or help groups progress better. We don’t care about being locked to a covenant.

1 Like

If I could upvote this 50million times, I would.

2 Likes

Do people still buy accounts now? Why?

EV is a good example. They used to try to balance corruption or traits. But then the vendors came out and they just left half in the dirt.

Pretty much what will happen to covenants. They will try to balance them until they cave and then they will leave half useless. Yay, “fixed.”

This new Bellular video should basically destroy any arguments the anti #PullTheRipcord has. It’s honestly mind-boggling how some people still want completely locked covenants.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve never thought it was a difficult concept to understand. And it simply blows the “meaningful choice” argument out of the water.

Meaning and loyalty aren’t really valid if you have to restrict people into sticking with their choice.

That’s why I think loyalty should be rewarded instead of punishing experimenting and/ or min-maxing.

Except it doesn’t. The guys follows whatever controversy is present and clickbaits the crap out of it. Then waffles half way through the video. Every single time.

1 Like

Sure it is. Because everything will be balanced around everyone picking the best choice in all content at all times. If you don’t, you are suffering for the ability to make that choice.

Good gameplay should be rewarded aswell especially if it’s to help your group or experiment with said choice.

1 Like

Did you even watch the video? The points he made are exactly the reasons we want the ripcord pulled and every argument I’ve seen against it is basically “meaningful choice, RPG elements, blah blah” and he perfectly debunks all of them.

When has Blizzard ever remotely balanced anything perfectly?

When has blizzard ever wanted to balance anything perfectly. hint, never.
Perfect balance is non desirable in game development.

Cool, this arguement is over, and you’ve proven your arguement invalid, let the covenant abilities be unlocked, and let us still have choice of picking a covenant. Everyone wins.

Do your victory lap son. Let me know how that works out for you. I won before this even started.

Oh, I don’t doubt Blizzard will launch with the covenants as is. I’m still going to pick Kyrian no matter what. It’d just be nice if they let covenant abilities be picked freely for convenience before letting the fire loose that is the wow community.