#PullTheRipcord

LOL…right.

In other words, “Think how I do, or you’re wrong”

Yawn.

More like “We’ve seen this already and know where it leads”

2 Likes

They aren’t failing to hear you, they aren’t too silly to take your advice.
The direction you want the game to go in, and the direction they want the game to go in, are diametrically opposed.
Yes, they implement the same type of systems. The ones that don’t work. And they will continue to iterate on it.
Eventually, they will find some systems that do work, while staying in line with the game direction they see as necessary.
You will either accept this, or quit.

They aren’t going to turn the ship around, or admit defeat and change their game direction.
They have been headed in a straight line for years now. Eventually, they will get it right, or you and yours will all quit and cease complaining about it.

Sure you craft your product to suit your audience.
Unless your audience is cancer.
Then you head in the right direction, and by attrition the cancer will weed itself out.
If you push too far too fast, you walk it back a bit. After all, you don’t want to kill the host, only the cancer.
Then it’s right back to steady on course.

1 Like

BFA was so bad that is actually caused the collapse of an entire faction in OCE.

Going into BFA guilds were more or less split among 3/4 different servers for Horde/Alliance, due to so many guilds falling a part due to people quitting now almost the entire raiding scene is located on Frostmourne Alliance. You’ve seen what happened with US/EU Horde, it’s happened here too and now the damage is done the factions will never recover, ever.

2 Likes

TL;DR: “The customer is never right. You think you do but you don’t. You are a cancer. Blizzard knows best. So shut up and take it”

4 Likes

ADD ONE TO THE LIST BOYS

LMAO

6 Likes

The ripcord has unofficially been pulled based on how they are gutting everything about these systems. “Meaningful choice” has basically become meaningless lol.

3 Likes

I’m just glad that once again, Blizzard listens to feedback.

Can’t wait until they listen to the deafening feedback of #PullTheRipcord.

3 Likes

We said #pulltheripcord from the looks of how they are doing things right now they heard #swingthewreckingball

1 Like

pull the god damn cord.

1 Like

Making logical decisions on borrowed power isn’t something in Blizzards interest. Players aren’t giving bad advice here that are pro ripcord. We just don’t have the memory of a womprat and want a better launch for the expansion.

2 Likes

I’m genuinely curious on whether Blizzard actually has a plan for faction balance, or if they even care.

You look at the top guilds in the world, and OCE is basically the last bastion of the Alliance. You look at OCE, and the imbalance is just as bad as NA servers, if not even worse, just reversed.

We’re getting to the stage where your faction is virtually decided by what region you play on, not what you actually prefer. Which isn’t really a healthy state for a game based around two competing factions.

Also considering how bad FM has gotten over the past few expansions, I’m dreading the launch day with SL moving back to the linear zone model, instead of the “choose your own adventure” style that Legion and BFA had, which does a good job of diffusing players over multiple zones.

They should of done the leveling like Legion where you got to pick what zone you wanted to start with . Then made the covenants like class halls with the class abilities earned in the different zones as you leveled . WQs to be honest if they just left them like emissaries like they were before would of been fine .

ripcord9.05

1 Like

The linear and non-linear styles of leveling zones both have their merits. I love the flexibility of starting wherever I want, and it really does make launch day way better when the playerbase is spread out over 6 zones instead of 1 or 2.

But at the same time, linear allows for a much more cohesive story. X happens and then Y and then Z. You get to see the outcome of what you did in one zone pop up in another.

It’s definitely not a dealbreaker by any means, but with the condensation of the playerbase (especially in OCE), I feel like we’re gunna lose the smooth launch of Legion and BFA and instead go back to the constant crashes like what we had in MoP and WoD.

I genuinely don’t know a simple and good way to restore faction balanace and I don’t think there is anything Blizzard can do at this point to fix the problem.

Like there is actually zero point trying to get any beta testing done as Alliance, there simply isn’t any people to play or test things with. It’s all Horde all the time.

I feel like at this point, anything they’d do would be too little too late, or would just swing the pendulum the opposite direction.

Personally I’m quite sad that I’ll never really get to use the new Forsaken cosmetics, because they’re really good.

Yeah, I can’t see this not being the case either.

On early testing there were a lot of bleed effects which people suspected guilds might swap over to play dwarf but since then a lot of the debuffs have been changed to shadow damage.

That might be part of the issue since fixing factions would be a similar step to fixing covenants. It wouldn’t be an issue if you had access to the wide player pool, ie cross faction grouping. It wouldn’t be an issue if you had access to your classes full arsenal, ie the covenant player power being at least partially open to all. That said unlike covenants blizzard can’t just nerf the horde or alliance beyond things like against overwhelming odds and such.

2 Likes

Actually laughed out loud by how accurate this is.

2 Likes

Yeouch, that’s terrible.

And this is another thing in 100% want to see as well.

I don’t think so either but if they’d just let cross faction grouping for PvE instances, it might make whoever’s left not change sides for content. A bandaid is better than nothing at this point.

2 Likes