#PullTheRipcord

Will tonight be the night they pull the ripcord?

Wake up to a nice blue post.

1 Like

No thanks. There needs to be a ceiling. You should never get to the point that it costs tens or hundreds of thousands of gold to respec just because you want to try something new.

3 Likes

I get what you mean, but if they are dead set on there being a setback to swapping, the option should be there without a hard cap. If it’s in the form of gold or another grindable resource as a price that increases slightly with each swap is up to them. It wouldn’t even need to increase from the very first swap… let’s say maybe there are a couple free swaps in a given time span that you can do, but every extra after that costs something, which would again decrease with time. That way people have room to experiment and change things up every now and then, but the goal to keep people from swapping literally all the time would be achieved.

I get that Blizzard is dead set on this, but we don’t have to just take it lying down. This kind of punishing respec mentality is what you would see in a mobile freemium game.

What it all boils down to: in the expansion where Blizzard said their primary goal was “getting out of our way and letting us play it” they seem dead set on punishing “bad” gameplay behavior with compounded systems that just make the game less fun.

Min/Maxers or the 1% or whatever name people want to call the upper echelons of gamers are going to exist regardless of what Blizzard does. As people mentioned, there are literally teams forming for Fall Guys. The more Blizzard tries to crack down on these players the more it’s going to punish everyone else.

Why should I care that some raid groups are going to swap out their conduits every fight? Am I going to do that? The answer is no. Because I don’t sign up for the highest tier of raiding. Them being allowed the option doesn’t force that mentality onto me.

Blizzard talks a big game about bringing the RPG back into this MMO. Well, let me put to rest the absurdity of this claim. Let’s take a game like Dragon Age: Origins. I think everyone can agree that’s a fairly standard RPG. It’s a singleplayer game with permanent choice tied behind your character builds. Dragon Age, in addition, has this little thing called difficulty level. You choose how hard you want the game to be. Much like how we choose what kind of content we play in WoW. We can stay exclusively in lfr, or we can try to play mythic raiding. That’s our freedom to decide. But do you want to know what happens at the highest difficulty in Dragon Age? Oh you better BELIEVE that there’s min/maxing and right/wrong choices.

Blizzard: stop trying to homogenize the playerbase as poorly as you’ve homogenized this game. You stripped down classes, and now you’re trying to strip down the playerbase. It’s a GOOD thing to have so many different types of players in your game. Just a few years ago, I would have laughed at the idea of myself ever doing something like M+. But now that’s one of my favorite activities. Having the diversity of gamemodes and playerbases caused me to realize how much fun branching out and experimenting is. Your current system of conduits and covenants spits on that concept. Get out of my way and let me play the damn game

9 Likes

This sums up Shadowlands quite well.

Unfortunately, people seem to have the opposite view and Blizzard seem to design these restriction for them. I wish more players would think like this.

But apperently, choosing your type of content and only having your character optimized for that is part of the “meaningful choice”.

1 Like

THis is kind of ironic but true.

You have people like Ralph going things like pulling the ripcord will homogenize the player base and the game.

When in fact making these restrictive system are what will actually do it.

Giving choices that have multiple avenues to explore will mean a more diverse player base for classes and specs. Yes their will be some that have the same builds but that happens anyways .

3 Likes

Anyone surprised lil Sonny ignored this post

2 Likes

They’ve been asked similar questions many times. But as they have openly admitted, they’re only interested in trolling the thread so that it can be taken down. You’ll never get a reply to it, because they aren’t interested in actually discussing it (and have no argument) they just want to troll the thread.

There isn’t much to discuss. There wont be a compromise. There wont be a ripcord pulled. They are dead set on moving forward with their design.

This thread is a few guys bumping it constantly because they haven’t reached the acceptance phase of grief yet.

And really, who cares if it gets bumped. Kicking a dead horse doesn’t do a whole lot.

At this point a majority of the covenant spells have been watered down so much it barely matters anymore

Rogues can pick what ever they like

A few classes get gimped and have on spell that’s really amazing for pvp and will end up going them

Aside from that they all do the same thing now roughly

So the strengths and weaknesses barely apply anymore, if you want the best covenant choice go for the one will the lowest failure state and you’re all good

3 Likes

Off topic but I’d wager he’s enjoying a little siesta from the forums for the time being. I’m sure he is still reading but sonichu lost the plot yesterday and both admitting to trolling and insulted me.

Basically hey, It’s crazy that instead of having fun powerful unique talents they had to water them down to neutered azerite traits.

2 Likes

On the road again! To TEN THOOOUSAND!

#PullTheRipcord

4 Likes

#pulltheripcord

4 Likes

A celebration will be in order soon my guys.

#PullTheRipcord goes GOLD

1 Like

And that’s what everyone said about Legion Legendaries. About unlocking the mage tower at all hours, about azerite gear, about corruption vendors.

See, what people like you fail to understand is that it’s not a matter of if, but when. The reason we are calling for this now is because we know the harm it does to the game when Blizzard spends the rest of the expansion trying to fix something they shouldn’t have released with.

5 Likes

Basically, the formula at this point is so exposed.

1. Release player unfriendly system
  2. Try to justify it for a patch or two
  3. Backflip citing listening to feedback
  4. Enjoy positive PR

Why do they torture the community/playerbase with a poor system for a patch or two before enjoying positive PR.

6 Likes

They do it because they recognize that the playerbase has 15 years worth of sunk cost fallacy. No one wants to lose the characters they’ve poured blood sweat and tears into.

1 Like

That might be accurate… sad but accurate.

It’s why i could never attach myself to the wow-killers, even the best wow-killers like Rift felt like a WoW clone.

Why would i quit a version of WoW i had 10 years of playing (at the time) to play a different version of WoW? Blizz won by default.

3 Likes

Ok, Blizzard just nerfed Kleia soulbind and made it 3% of healing over 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds.

Let’s just understand what Blizzard is doing to soulbinds lately and why they are actualy worse than minor azerite traits

A healing wave heals for 9000. It will do 3% of that healing over 15 seconds now.
3% of 9000 is 270 healing.
270 healing across 15 seconds is literally 18 HEALTH a SECOND

When tanks have 60,000 Health.
18 Health per second.

Covenants are doomed.

2 Likes

any ripcord pullers?