#PullTheRipcord The covenant class abilities must be untied to the covenant choice

Copout. We’re still on a timer for AotC, CE, Rival- Rank 1 and many other things. Just because you don’t feel pressured to try doesn’t mean that others shouldn’t either.

5 Likes

Uhhhhhhh ??? It will costs dozens of keys?? I have timed so many keys this expansion in under 30 seconds it’s absurd. Assuming I play the exact same way, having one covenant will cause me to deplete, the other to time.

8 Likes

I say give it a chance. Just the idea that there might be, for example, 2 competing builds for resto Druids depending on which covenant you take is the holy grail.

It’s worth the risk involved to have the rpg elements.

2 Likes

There won’t be two competing builds. There will be exactly same builds with different covenants.

I disagree.

7 Likes

You know this how? Most of covenant content isn’t even available for testing, and you lot are already ready to toss the baby out with the bath water. Have a little faith, man.

3 Likes

Looking at the druid abilities rn, were looking at a 15-30% difference in hps in raids from best to worst. Kyrian will literally be a 30% hps loss vs night fae unless they massively buff it.

Necrolord will be a minimum 10% hps loss from night fae in raids, but beat it out enormously in dungeons because night fae healing will be 90% overhealing. There is going to be no choice if you like doing any sort of content where someone has the chance to die to damage

4 Likes

Faith in blizzards balancing? Did you even play this expansion?

If this feature is dead on arrival, people will drop this game like a hot potato month one like they did with BFA. The playerbase never recovered.

Playerbase has been burned too many times to stick it out 12 months for the system to be fixed.

7 Likes

You do your best with what choices you made. How are you not understanding this. Based on your posting in this thread I will just go with the thought that shaman is your main right now (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). You do the best you can as a resto shaman. I do not doubt that. I am not going to look up logs or anything but I would assume you do pretty darn good. You take pride in playing your class and it shows in how passionate you are on this topic. So how does adding one more layer of choice damage that ‘doing your best’ mentality you have? You would be inferior to Shaman A who chose the correct covenant for X content (no different than being inferior to Y class for X content in the current expansion). You would however be superior to Shaman A in Y content because you chose the best covenant.

Why is the above scenario not good for this game?

3 Likes

Legion Legendaries weren’t balanced. Azerite abilities weren’t balanced. What makes you think suddenly they’ve got balancing down and packed?

6 Likes

I mean… that’s not what they’re reporting in their quarterly, and that’s not my experience, anecdotally.

And yeah, I’ve never seen blizzard fail to deliver on a stated design goal.

1 Like

coughs up drink

7 Likes

Actually guffawed at my desk.

3 Likes

Name one. Not a design that wasn’t well received, I mean a stated goal they didn’t accomplish.

The difference between this abysmal argument that class X does better than class Y is that you are the same class lol.

You gonna be happy cause someone of the exact same spec with the same gear as you is doing 10% more dmg for no reason?? That’s wayyyy different than a DH out damaging you when you’re a WW

2 Likes

Azerite

/10 chars

5 Likes

Legiondaries, corruption, azerite, essences?

4 Likes

I mentioned this but only received the same answer about how you are supposed to be ok with being subpar because you are still “viable” which is a weird response.

3 Likes

It’s only different if you don’t consider the covenant to be a subclass, which is obvious heir intent.

I let my rogues play sub in raid because they are viable! Let’s ignore the fact they do 35k less DPS than assassination :clown_face:

4 Likes

So do you consider druids who play cultivation vs tree a subclass?

One being neutered in raids the other in dungeons?

1 Like