#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

That’s the thing, for people that obsessively min max to cover for mechanics failing there will never be true balance, because even a 3% dps increase is huge to them.

And that wont be stopping them, a covenant will more than likely end up being better at more than the intended areas, and blizzard will nerf it into the ground as per usual.

Then you ll see the same people who only picked that covenant cuz muh simdps whine in the forums about how their blind pick of choosing the most meta broken option got nerfed even though that is expected and what is gonna happen.

I loved when -

1. Azerite was balanced on released except had to nerf a trait by 65% because it … wasn’t balanced
  2. Corruption was balanced on release except they had to nerf EV by 50% because it … wasn’t balanced?

What! How can ANYONE see with Blizzards track record they are UNABLE TO BALANCE ANYTHING.

6 Likes

Too many of you jumping on me. I’m just going by what Blizzard said their balancing philosophy is. If one doesn’t work it will be changed.

In Eso you can have all professions and profession perks on single characters.

2 Likes

True fun is subjective but those of us that want #pulltheripcord want everyone to be able to enjoy and play the game the way they want.

Those that want to keep everything locked want to force people to play they do.

So if fun is subjective then why do people want to force us to play their way ?

Is it because people against unlocking have no self control and the only way they can control themselves is by making it so others can’t?

4 Likes

Can someone seriously please get Ralphe a thesaurus damn.

Just so we’re following Ralphe is advocating Blizzard doing sledgehammer nerfs to the covenants that are strong on release.

Meaningful Choice = Meaningful Guess

3 Likes

This isn’t ESO. And I’ve offered you two different perspectives as to why this system shouldn’t be locked. All you’ve told me is “THIS OTHER GAME DOES THIS OTHER THING WOW SHOULD BE THIS OTHER GAME”. WoW isn’t ESO, if you want ESO, then play ESO.

1 Like

And we’re telling you what the Blizzard balancing reality is from literal experience.

From literally their latest rental systems

5 Likes

Yes clearly they’re ready to scrap the system, people are just helping here to make the transition better and maybe faster.

2 Likes

Sorry, thought it was appropriate.

#PullTheRipcord

1 Like

no not at all.

I’m confused what “no not at all” means in this context.

not that scroll up. it was to the other thing you said to someone else.

3500 likes on the beta forums post and rising :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you don’t really care about the end game and the story is what matters to you then why should people wanting covenants unlocked be an issue with you?

You can still pick your covenant and have your meaningful story

4 Likes

I’m not sure which post you mean, can you quote it for me please?

Thank you. To explain what I did, the idea that covenants are a ‘meaningful choice’ from my perspective means that I’m given the appropriate information with which to make a decision. As soon as Blizzard starts swinging their nerf hammer, it’s no longer a meaningful choice because the information I based my -choice- off of is no longer relevant, so it becomes a meaningless guess.

Don’t forget traits literally being removed like swift roundhouse

1 Like

It’s probably the same 4-5 people posting likes on alts obviously.

1 Like

This is the argument in a nutshell

1 Like

because it will negitively effect me and everyone who doesnt raid your kind wiill complain blizz changes things for your kind and it negitively effects those who arnt raiders like pvpers and such. the fact is while your guys wants and demands wont effect others they do they always have and always has.