#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

…maybe they enjoy playing the game and doing those thigns and it isn’t suffering?

do mount farmers NEED every mount in the game? no, do they go through old raids and clear them over and over and over anyway? Yeah, because it’s fun for them.

3 Likes

Nothing, but also noone is telling you that you’re wrong for wanting to play that way. You, on the other hand, are telling me that I’m mentally unwell and bad for playing the game the way I want. Can you see the difference? I don’t mind how you play the game, I encourage it. You, however, seem to be really upset at how I play the game and revel in the fact that I’m being blunted by Blizzard.

1 Like

…wat?

Also, stop putting words in my mouth. I’ve never once said what you quoted, you’re just making stuff up to fit your narrative, it’s kinda spooky, to be honest.

Everybody give their opinions on the forum (or elsewhere) about the game.
If this is the definition i must be trolling too.

I just find weird that a small group of people want a nice feature removed just because it does not fit their play style. To me, it’s trolling, very similar to the High Elves, Pathfinder and Gay posts.

Nah dude, you’re trolling because you contradict yourself within 10 posts. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing, instead of having any real meat in the game.

my dudes ralph is a degenerate there is no hope for him

from this statement alone, and by looking at his guild/character, you can tell this is how he plays the game and wants to validate it as the only way to play it

he just can’t see that there are players in this game that want to play in different ways than he does

1 Like

Yes I see the difference very well and I believe Ion has as well, which is exactly why he kept railing on Preach about how non skill elements will always exist in RPGs, how this isnt overwatch where skill is in control at all times, he was shouting that WoW is not meant to be taken ultra seriously, you arent meant to grind your life away so you can be optimal at all times, that is unhealthy and wrong.

Why do you think we have timegates? To stop people that will obsessively spend 1000 hours doing the same thing cuz of the advantage they ll get hoping that advantage is enough carry them through lack of performance or failing a mechanic.

WoW is not an ultra competitive game or a race, yet we have a big group of people who arent world first that act as if it is, and that is the mentality Ion is trying to stop because it is simply not healthy.

and there he goes dodging the entire thing

donald trump voters :tired_face:

Darn, it isn’t Overwatch? I was gonna main Tracer my next raid. But, idiocy aside, I’m not grinding my life away, I’m playing the game in my offtime. Ion’s changes may actually change that, because depending on his bi-weekly covenant nerfs, I may need to spend many more hours grinding to stay up to date on the strongest covenant. I must have some sort of mental illness or something.

I mean, it’s kinda unhealthy for you to continue hiding behind your false narrative, it’s mentally unhealthy and bad. Just say what you really want, you got sat on the bench in a raid that cared about performance and you’ve held that grudge ever since and just want to punish all the people you throw in that category. Yaknow, since we’re putting words in each others’ mouths and all.

#PullTheRipcord

So to see the whole story I will have to create at least 4 hunters ,1 for each covenant where as BfA I only had to make an alliance one to go with my horde one .

Sounds like a great system to keep time played numbers up for the investors and less of a fun way to play as a casual with a full time job.

#pulltheripcord

6 Likes

And that is his goal, most people wont be able to do that, they arent gonna level 4 of each and more importantly gear them to be optimal at everything.

From that group of players that obsess over being optimal at everything only a minority will actually bother enough to level 4 of each or change and relevel covenants all the time. The rest, the majority of that group will slowly learn to play the game the right way as the devs intended.

So we get an ever shrinking number of tryhards which is the problem Ion is trying to fix, trying to eradicate this unhealthy mentality.

Again just like your “you changed to boomie cuz spriest is now a good class” comment, it is completely unfounded and based on emotion.

I would never join such a tryhard guild in the first place for that to ever happen, actually I ve only bothered with mythic in 8.3, and one time in legionf or one boss cuz a sister guild was doing it.

Ion’s goal is to have less people playing? Someone should notify Activision, doesn’t seem like sound business practice.

Also, you can keep this just between you and me if you want, but are you secretly on our team, and just spouting all this insane nonsense to lend validity to our opinions?

3 Likes

If tryhards leave that works as well, that mentality is unhealthy and he is trying to eradicate it from WoW for the benefit of the rest of the playerbase which imo is gonna be a lot bigger in shadowlands since the game is going back to its RPG roots.

So pretty certain shadowlands will be a success no matter how a group of players acts as if the world has ended cuz they cant be optimal at everything.

Oh…like when we had covenants in WotLK?

The game has evolved and become better over the years so it is nothing like back then thankfully, their storytelling, systems, characters have improved in many areas.
Also i cant know, at that time all I was doing was level and do bgs so I dont remember anything called covenants.

covenants = wow rpg roots

man i wish ralph didnt mute me i’d have so much fun flaming his dumbass tiny brain

1 Like

I was playing, and it’s strange, because neither can I. I don’t recall anything about covenants then either. I just…thought maybe you knew something I didn’t when you mentioned RPG roots. What RPG roots were you referring to? Just so we can get on the same page here.

Maybe I should do more research on this… But what I have been hearing is that for high tier content, you don’t get to have a choice on which covenant you choose. if you want to raid, you will have to choose the covenant that is best for that raid… At least that is what it sounds like to me…and that just plain stinks for players whom want to choose whom they want to choose. They should not be limited in what they achieve by a covenant choice, it’s seems elitist, but that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes