#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

You can literally put these phrases in a blender, spin it around and pour it onto a canvas and you have every ralph post ever. It’s amazing.

3 Likes

What a gross assumption. Most -good- players I know perform well mechanically, and use outside resources to give themselves the best options. Your insinuating I need to play a turd spec in order to be taken seriously is a horrible, horrible, horrible opinion.

Unrelated, did you swap to druid over priest because priest got buffs and if they’re an actual strong spec you won’t be able to lord your super special uniqueness over everyone else’s heads?

1 Like

What is a min maxer in your eyes? Even Ralph uses BIS corruptions/essences on his priest. Does that make him a minmaxer?

1. Meta Gems
  2. Meta Talents (Outside of rank 1 which is an objective DPS loss in literally all content)
  3. Meta Corruptions
  4. Meta Azerite
  5. Meta Essences

Hmm… Someone’s been reading icyveins!

2 Likes

These people still don’t count in your world?

So if you are saying the group is doing the mechanics perfectly, and all of them are performing well DPS wise aka they know how to play their class.

If they need 2.5% more for the kill, maybe they should come next week and down it with more gear.

They arent world first, nobody is gonna lose a huge amount of $$$ or fame if they wait a week instead of obsessively and unhealthy try to min max every single small thing to get that kill.

That is why Ion has differentiated world first and the rest of us, world first is a completely different thing, the rest of us should just calm down and not take WoW so seriously

I swapped to boomie way before spriest changes m8, check my post logs unless you want to believe whatever you want to believe irrelevant of reality.

No, I didn’t say perfectly. In what world does good = perfect? What is going on in your head? A good player takes into account many things outside of mechanical skill. A good player figures out how the boss works, figures out how their talents work, then applies those to give themselves the best setup for the best outcome. Locking covenants -DUMBS- this process down, and doesn’t allow players to determine the challenges on a particular encounter and change their strategy to compensate.

I believe you, I just asked because I was curious, didn’t make any assumptions. Just seemed like a logical leap, but I was wrong, so be it.

The bottom line is that having the choice to switch is better than not having the choice. If you don’t want to change abilities, then don’t. But there is no downside in having the freedom to do so.

1 Like

You do realize everyone knows your level of progress right?

1 Like

5/12M After 7 Months into the tier in case anyone was curious.

3 Likes

which is fine if that’s not something you’re into. it is totally ok to not be a mythic raider

but it’s something he’s into, that he’s trying at, and then insults others for not being good.

that is not fine.

3 Likes

Better than me. :sweat_smile:
But, I mostly quit after M Zul in 8.0 and didn’t really come back until just recently…so that’s my defense.

A group of 19 people can absolutely carry dead weight doesn’t make the dead weight good at the game let alone better than others.

Sorry, Please don’t think I’m looking down at him for this. It’s the way he uses his mythic progression as a shield to deflect any kind of criticism while also throwing rocks at the other team.

Absolutely, He just shouldn’t be throwing around attacks at people.

1 Like

And I quite literally told you that bosses are not designed to REQUIRE the most optimal group comps and builds otherwise nobody but world first would get kills.

Ergo you dont need hardcore min maxing to get kills, the people who obsess over hardcore minmaxing are the ones who are trying to compensate for their mechanic failures or lack of performance due to not playing their class well.

In other words you can still beat bosses with the sub optimal covenant and you can still time m+ with the sub optimal covenant, if you are good at your class that is.

What I am saying is that min maxing isnt needed if you are actually good at the game, this unhealthy obsession of people doing a ridiculous amount of hours, farming bis like crazy while not world first shows these people are taking a game where “non skill elements will always affect your performance” far too seriously which is unhealthy and also wrong.

That is why Ion says world 1st is a completely different thing, the rest of us are not meant to tryhard and minmax like the world first, which is why covenants will remain locked, cuz ppl need to learn you can do everything with sub optimal covenants just fine.

Nah, I’m not offended, I know about how skilled I am at the game, I’m not 1% but I think I’m pretty good, so I don’t get bothered by stuff like that.

Who cares what the bosses require. It’s -fun- to puzzle out challenges and the best way to tackle those challenges.

2 Likes

You seem to take it to the extreme: he simply asserts that it is a team effort and if you are not optimal for a certain type of content, it will not make much differences.

Hmmmm…

1 Like

Everybody that min/maxes knows this. Nobody says that they NEED to. They don’t do it out of necessity. For the millionth time, people enjoy min/maxing because it’s fun and more mentally stimulating for them than just mashing your buttons and not understanding why things do what they do.

ralph is stupid, gib upvotes

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes