#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

Every discussion you have is poor form.
vanilla-bc you had a stacking cost to respeccing, major loot differences between all spec’s (no hybrid stat changing gear) things that people just couldn’t change or get how they want at a whim.

You’ve kneejerk complained about covenants and how the venthyr teleport will be op and if you’re not venthyr you will be sidelined. - This hasn’t been proven even once on beta. Infact it’s one of the least mobile reactionary covenant abilities. Right now night fae is taking the lead on that.
Tjphess said that the venthyr tree is overpowered- test said… that is a lie.

You guys are just trolling at this point, now you’re complaining that they are doing balance changes? You guys just want 1 thing, what you want and have it now.
Go play a short term mmo where it dies due to listing to “hardcore” players and don’t come back.

10 Likes

*****Citation needed

I never said optimal class, I said optimal as in my class I’m playing. You’re allowed to be off-meta and be the optimal version of yourself.

3 Likes

I don’t know what you mean, I only know what you say. This is the internet. I can read your text, not your mind.

3 Likes

Honestly just fire the systems team at this point. How much of WoW’s reputation will they continue to erode until something is done?

#pulltheripcord

21 Likes

I couldn’t give less of a crap. I’m going to pick whatever covenant thematically fits my toon.

F min maxing. My endgame is world quests, random heroics, and lfr. If i can’t queue for it or solo it, I don’t do it. Building this game around minmaxers is laughable.

6 Likes

A stacking cost that was capped at 50gold - Which is actually a more fair system than Azerite that infinitely multiplies. Which even the Azerite reforging is an infinitely better system than what is suggested in Shadowlands.

Which could be countered by collecting a different set of gear.

The only reason Venthyr isn’t being complained about more is because they’ve shoehorned a Bleed into every single raid boss so people who picked Kyrian don’t feel garbage about their choice. Do you think they are going to design every boss going forward with this in mind? Also my original post was mocking about how they got door of shadows and a cheat death which they removed (obviously).

Blizzard invited all the CE players first, so maybe you should reconsider this line of reasoning.

8 Likes

But why shouldn’t they have fun too? I think it is fair to request that they have an easier time switching their play style. What if you decide that a covenant has a theme that no longer fits your character and then you change your mind? Would you want to do the quest to go back? What if you like one ability for world quests and one ability for LFR and you want to switch between the two?

4 Likes

All of it, apparently. What’s even sadder is all these people coming to attack negative feedback will slip away into the Twisting Nether and leave the rest of us stuck with a crappy game.

9 Likes

Because we’ve arrived already at the point in the thread where it comes out people who are against this system don’t want everyone to have fun.

They want everyone to have fun except for the toxic try-hard min maxers

13 Likes

Gotta love this stupid mentality.

“RPG in MMORPGS is bad because, because some things aren’t equal to other things.”

“I need that 1% DPS increase you don’t understand.”

Good, maybe if they changed their mind they’d have more fun.

5 Likes

Nope. Absolute lock. Once you pick a covenant, thats it, no change.

Min maxers are a plague on any game.

2 Likes

What makes you say that? I am sorry that you have had such a negative experience with them, but I have not personally. I still support the idea where they get their tournament realm so they can really show their stuff! It is so cool to me that I will be taking 40 wipes to kill Ragnaros with my group and people will go in and kill him without any gear on!

1 Like

I really hope you don’t think I’m making this thread for myself. The people who are really min-maxers will make multiple characters of the same class to keep min-maxing and we aren’t the ones who will be booted or refused invites in LFG/Pugs.

We have guilds, it’s the pugs that are going to suffer.

15 Likes

Unless you literally do not care what happens when you press a button, you are min/maxing to an extent as well.

Hell, maybe you really don’t care. Maybe you’re an amoeba and just like watching pretty colors on the screen. If not, though, you’re a min maxer too.

11 Likes

I’ve seen what top tier, competitive players do to games. Ive lost all patience.

6 Likes

Pull it.

Pull it good.

P P P P PULL IT REAL GOOD

2 Likes

Oh yeah, and what’s your experience with that?

Maybe you can bring up wildstar which was crushed due to its lack of content. By the way this is my second shaman :cool:

2 Likes

CE players weren’t invited first? Friends and family, and streamers were invited long before CE.

3 Likes

There are no tiers though, there are just people wanting to have fun in their own way. Normal is probably as challenging for me as the Heroic is as challenging for them. I think this game is all about the set-up.

Moving goalposts I see. Minmaxing is easily defined: doing the absolute best possible within a games mechanics.

I dont make the effort to do that.

2 Likes