#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

No, they did this when they nuked professions, classes and world content from orbit.

Making covenants fun and accessible would just be good game design. I see a lot of people eating up Ion’s RPG excuse now that he’s using the term as a shield, kinda sad.

If they actually cared about RPG aspects, we wouldn’t have been in this overpruned, time gated, borrowed power hole to begin with.

8 Likes

I think you should’ve read past that sentence because you greatly misunderstood my argument.

This is why reading is important folks.

it stacked up to 50 gold which was trivial for raiders by bc.

There are still major loot differences very different stat priorities.

We have literally never been timegated in changing specs prior to slands.

3 Likes

Your stance isn’t unique, I’ve heard it many times before. You would know this if you did your research, pagemaster.

Player power gating needs to be removed from the system. Cosmetics and activities? Sure, go nuts. Player power is irreconcilable, though.

7 Likes

And what is my stance?

Is it this?

Now who’s failing to read?

3 Likes

The fact that this hashtag is a thing and is described as a movement makes me chuckle and laugh for some reason.

1 Like

It’s not a matter of me failing to read. It’s just a question. Care to answer or are you going to dodge it again?

Yea, they should stick to the MOBA style. Why bother with that pesky choice and consequence when there are numbers to fondle?!

Man, I’ll give you credit for where it’s due. You sure are good at getting everyone talking and getting the rp minority into a tizzy. I get so many good times off your threads. :thinking: :rofl:

No, an interactable world and places that stage ground for mass PvP, I got a better explanation in this thread somewhere.

But what we got now is hot garbage.

2 Likes

Which is what Shadowlands is bringing with Covenants and zone progression.

Okay… but here’s the thing. What do you get out of that?

And it will be glorious when it does. Less than 2 months to go.

But I support pulling the ripcord. :+1: :+1: :+1:

So you’re an idiot? Losing subs when the game is on it’s last legs sounds good to you?

:rofl:

5 Likes

MoP and prior had plenty of that. You’re trying to slap a talent on top of a four way aldor/scryer grind and then tell me it’s Baldur’s Gate.

Don’t make me laugh.

5 Likes

If my sorority/fraternity had influence over my grades/future employment(the way Covenants will influence your raid/m+ performance)I will betray any and all of them in a heartbeat.

6 Likes

You’re gonna go far my friend.

You know this is going to be a watershed moment for borrowed power shenanigans. BlizZard digs in trying to sell borrowed power that is gated in such ways.

“You can’t min/max but here are dungeons that require covenant X or only work optimally in PVP”

So where is the player agency that systemlands promotes supposedly? I am not seeing it. :+1:

1 Like

Except Covenant abilities were never talents to begin with. They’re specifically intrinsic to each Covenant in the form of Soulbinds and Conduits.

It’s just amusing watching people freak out about a single choice.

I wasn’t being literal.

Yeah, wonder why they would be so upset that another borrowed power grind with frustrating mechanics worked its way into the game again. It’s been so popular, right?

3 Likes