#PullTheRipcord Blizzard, the flaws of Covenants have already been exposed

I can already hear Ion talking about Covenants in the patch 9.2 reveal

We hear your feedback. Player Powers are opened up in 9.2 after you do this content

Ugh

5 Likes

Gotta grind those echoes of the jailer too. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m not, I’ve seen it in every iteration. Which why I’m banging all the drums on the forums till they fix it.

1 Like

Exactly. Since WoD Blizz has really started pushing the story hard. It was only a matter of time before it started dictating game play systems.

1 Like

Yup, 9.2 could be a good time to start playing Shadowlands. See the story, avoid the terrible first pass on systems, get the game on sale, maybe even be able to unlock flying right away!

7 Likes

They could… actually overhaul flying to make it interactable with the rest of the world! Butttt… PATHIFINDER! RAWR

3 Likes

All the bells and whistles of the covs seem neat, but Blizzard wants to lock people to only doing 25% of them unless they roll alts.

Like Legion, Blizzard will put forth some good ideas that the community finds flaws to, double down on the bad parts, and eventually fix them in a later patch and make the expansion much better.

You forgot the part where they remove all the good parts in the next expansion, add more bad parts, then wonder why people are leaving.

5 Likes

and charge money for an uncompleted product.

2 Likes

Oh it will be completed. It will just be an unbalanced mess.

1 Like

Players decide when it’s completed bro, it’s time to take your consumer agency in your own hands.

1 Like

And I pray if they do it they don’t allow easy covenant swapping. By doing that they’ve ruined the actual RPG aspect of their system. Covenant identity. If I can ride a Tauralus while wearing a Night Fae outfit, then the covenants are pointless and a complete waste.

Here’s to hoping they just reskin the signature abilities or revert them to their Blizzcon iterations, open up soulbind tree traits to any covenant, and allow easy changing of class abilities.

They should just scrap borrowed power. That’d be better.

7 Likes

Borrowed power is fine if it’s fun. Nobody has any problem with getting new gear every expansion. Heck, Torghast is being praised as one of the best features of the expansion and it’s literally just borrowed power.

It’s bad when it’s like Azerite.

2 Likes

Borrowed power and legendaries just need to go so the classes aren’t balanced around things that are going to be gone in another expansion. It’s absolutely pointless.

I don’t really care about PvE so Torghast means nothing to me.

1 Like

Yeah let’s remove gear too while we’re at it.

/s

1 Like

I like gear, I don’t like extra serverside calculations that lag out meaningful wPvP. PvE gear for PvE, and PvP gear for PvP.

Then add meaningful content.

3 Likes

So you don’t like Azerite? Okay.

But we’re talking about borrowed power as a whole. Not borrowed power when it’s bad.

Well I thought you said you didn’t like PvE? So what content do you want?

I didn’t like Legion artifcat weapons and legendaries, I didn’t like BFA azerite and cape, and I don’t want conduits or legendaries.

I’d like a game where the world is updated and maintained, more cities are interactable. Simple things like flying is interactable, I’d like to see aerial combat and naval combat added to the game.

I’d like to see the Blood Elf starter zone no longer an instance.

Then I’d like to see the removal of shards a return to PvP servers, the removal of War Mode and silly things no one asked for, and good wholesome PVP.

PvP stats were good, there wasn’t any reason to get rid of em.

7 Likes

That doesn’t seem like content to me. You just want an up-res?

And how would that benefit the game in any meaningful way? Exile’s Reach exists you know.

It wouldn’t really do anything if they made it so Eversong Woods was apart of the main landmass. People will just go “Oh cool.” And move on. That adds nothing meaningful to the game.

So… more vehicle quests.

Why? Because they’re gear that you lose after the expansion? I thought you liked gear?