Pull the Monk Cord!

small indie billion dollar company. not enough resources ( or talent ).

1 Like

Agreeeeeeeed. Id also like to see a return to vivify being a heal to 3 targets within range of the target instead of this mess that is anyone with a hot going. Raid healing is a case of Ef > raid while they are at full hp then drop vivify onto targets like your a priest/pally spamming their fastest heals.

Leave EF as it is, so it can be used as a decent cast after raid wide damage. Soothing mist is fun on a tank but id rather see statue cast a soothing mist on a target for 6 seconds after you heal them with a direct cast healing spell imagine 5+ targets all being healed by a stream of healing as your hot.

Or leave it as it is and have renewing mist have its cd lowered (to compete with priest/druid)

2 Likes

Aha Ion is personally messaging you now? Right.

OK so you played Demo in WoD, quit because you think someone has a vendetta against you personally, than come back and decide to play Monk because they were suppose to be reworked and you thought maybe they would be the OP class in SL, but since it has not happened you quit again, sound about right?

Make Whirling Dragon Punch baseline for WW. That is all.
Thank you.

1 Like

Heh. Good times.

1 Like

We’re also focusing Mistweavers solely on healing, rather than supporting a type of mixed attack-healing gameplay that felt awkward and ultimately didn’t live up to our goals for the spec—it was unintuitive, and chiefly useful as a mana management tool. Lastly, Mistweavers will now use Mana, not Chi, as a resource, since it reduced choices and restricted gameplay in many situations.

Bump for visibility. I love monks

1 Like

As someone who capped first aid and archeology, can i please hop off this bus? =( i dont wanna go. =*(

1 Like

Now answer teh rest of the question.

They took a gameplay mechanic away from the only class that could do it and gave it to disc priest - why cant monk return to that style of healing via talents if they choose do to do. Its the reason i rolled a monk in the first place.

5 Likes

They felt it fit disc (and then Hpally) more? There was a change of ideology surrounding healers? They thought fistweaving was limiting MW’s player-base? They love changing things for the sake of it?

The closest we’ll probably ever get to understanding why they re-worked MW is the Legion blog post.

If you want to ‘fistweave’, you still can.
Depending on balance changes RM+Chi-Ji might be the optimal way the play MW in SL. At the very least it should be viable.

Looking at leggos it might be viable yes. [Ancient Teachings of the Monastery] Your Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick heal for 120% of the damage done to an injured ally within 20 yards.

Honestly, I think monks won’t be targeting AToTM until we can equip two legendaries (if we get the option to wear two). Tear of Morning seems pretty BiS unless significant changes happen. Extend life stronk.

For high end content sure - ATofM is perfect for the monk who wants to run 5 man heroics or low level keys, do some pvp (cant be interupted healing) and any solo content because it heals you. Id imagine with gearing levels it will increase in power and it wouldnt be a bad thing to bring a mw who can do some dps and spot heal a raid.

Yeah, if you’re planning on mainly doing heroic dungeons, low keys, solo content and casual pvp i’m sure any legendary will work just fine.

You’d still be better off just building for Rising Mist + Chi-ji and picking up Tear of Morning as your legendary tbhhh.

I guess that does explain the frequent bouts of excessive lag and DC while in wpvp.

Nope. Not even remotely.

I stopped playing Demo Lock(and Wow) when Ion literally said on stream to Lore “We’d rather you not play Demo right now”.

So I quit.

Recently came back, I have a Holy Pally and Resto Druid which are considered “meta af”, however I enjoy the MW Monk playstyle but after looking and playing I realize how weak and wired it currently is.

It’s my right to post here brining attention to fact.

I’ve heard this repeated a LOT!

I haven’t played WW much yet but it is a very cool and unique attack!

Are monks really in that bad of a place? i havent paid much attention to them so far. Can anyone fill me in

They’re pretty bad, Blizzard's communication to the monk community has been garbage is just one of many threads detailing all the broken functionality and flat out neglect of the class.

3 Likes

thats heartbreaking, you have my sympathies non stealthing rogue homies

1 Like

It’s completely unacceptable that monks are ignored like that. Sure, other classes have some problems but monks are fundamentally broken.

Thanks for sharing this.

I’m really hoping that perhaps Blizzard is just saving Monk changes for very last due to time constraints and such.

If another expansions starts with no Monk updates I can safely assume that it is just simple neglegence.

1 Like