Pull the Monk Cord!

Honestly, I think monks won’t be targeting AToTM until we can equip two legendaries (if we get the option to wear two). Tear of Morning seems pretty BiS unless significant changes happen. Extend life stronk.

For high end content sure - ATofM is perfect for the monk who wants to run 5 man heroics or low level keys, do some pvp (cant be interupted healing) and any solo content because it heals you. Id imagine with gearing levels it will increase in power and it wouldnt be a bad thing to bring a mw who can do some dps and spot heal a raid.

Yeah, if you’re planning on mainly doing heroic dungeons, low keys, solo content and casual pvp i’m sure any legendary will work just fine.

You’d still be better off just building for Rising Mist + Chi-ji and picking up Tear of Morning as your legendary tbhhh.

I guess that does explain the frequent bouts of excessive lag and DC while in wpvp.

Nope. Not even remotely.

I stopped playing Demo Lock(and Wow) when Ion literally said on stream to Lore “We’d rather you not play Demo right now”.

So I quit.

Recently came back, I have a Holy Pally and Resto Druid which are considered “meta af”, however I enjoy the MW Monk playstyle but after looking and playing I realize how weak and wired it currently is.

It’s my right to post here brining attention to fact.

I’ve heard this repeated a LOT!

I haven’t played WW much yet but it is a very cool and unique attack!

Are monks really in that bad of a place? i havent paid much attention to them so far. Can anyone fill me in

They’re pretty bad, Blizzard's communication to the monk community has been garbage is just one of many threads detailing all the broken functionality and flat out neglect of the class.

3 Likes

thats heartbreaking, you have my sympathies non stealthing rogue homies

1 Like

It’s completely unacceptable that monks are ignored like that. Sure, other classes have some problems but monks are fundamentally broken.

Thanks for sharing this.

I’m really hoping that perhaps Blizzard is just saving Monk changes for very last due to time constraints and such.

If another expansions starts with no Monk updates I can safely assume that it is just simple neglegence.

1 Like

Yeah, but even Chi-Ji is really terrible after the changes last week. A perfect rotation while Chi-Ji is active is still less healing than our normal rotation now. The only upside to it is that you really aren’t spending mana, but…it doesn’t have the oomph you’d expect of a 3 minute CD.

I don’t see atotm picking up much steam. Setting aside the fact that it’s still bugged, ToM just outscales it in every way.

I don’t know who Blizzard tapped for feedback when they decided to give Eminence the axe, but that opinion is clearly not indicative of any mistweaver I have spoken with or heard from.

Fistweaving WAS the fun of healing as a monk.

Now? ATofM seems like a sad reminder of what we used to have baseline…not a super gear dependent shadow of its former self.

Maybe it’s time to reexamine the stance on Fistweaving. There have been many wonderful suggestions.

7 Likes

MW how i miss it. it’s been so lack luster the last few xpacs in my honest opinion. I’ve finally given up on it and switching mains this xpac permanently unless by the grace of the Titans something happens to bring the desire to play one again happens.

Maind a MW since MoP and it’s been the one i’ve struggled to play since Legion. I’m not happy with the silence on the matter and i didn’t get into beta but have been watching the forums a lot of good points being brought up in the monk thread. and crickets from Blizz.

so i’ll just play something else. and if by chance they fix it i’ll pick it back up again. if not then…what can you do?

3 Likes

It makes me legit sad to see Eminence removed from Mistweaver.

The reason given was “to move away from the healing by damage setup mode”.

This reasoning is given on one hand, while Disciple Priests were shifted to Attonement (healing by damage setup) on the other hand. Literally in the same expansion! *Correct me if I’m wrong bc I wasn’t here for Legion.

Then, to add salt to the wound, in BFA Glimmer Paladin emerges as another healing by damage set-up spec that is really strong. And Blizzard is even catering to them by making it a talent going forward.

So why was this exact same thing taken away from the original “heal via damage setup” class?

It just makes no sense. None whatsoever.

8 Likes

Time sure is running short… An entire alpha and beta almost complete and almost complete silence for our class.

It’s really sad and disheartening. :frowning:

3 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but won’t this be the second Beta cycle Monks are basically ignored?

I wasn’t here for the beginning of BFA but I’ve heard from several Monks that Monk didn’t get any attention or changes in the previous Beta as well…

2 Likes

Nobody plays them so they get that amount of attention. None. Make another toon. /thread

Sounds like you spent a lot of time articulating this particular reply. Very nuanced and thoughtful contribution to the topic.

Thanks for the bump.

1 Like

I think he might work for Blizzard. Sounds like what they’re really thinking and saying by ignoring us so blatantly. They probably think if they ignore us enough we’ll fade out like a bad nightmare and they won’t have to address the class issues.

Blizzard:

“Monk has now been deleted. In addition, we’ve given stagger to Guardian Druid.”

Just have to keep making noise. This level of communication is terrible.

5 Likes

They are finally fixing shammies…some brave class had to step in to fill their shoes.

1 Like