PTR/Beta Feedback (Brewmaster)

This link on the Dragonflight Beta Test Forums pertaining to Brewmasters has very good points and I would like to draw attention to it here as well.

I would like to add also that it feels bad having to use 4 points to bring Niuzao back to its SL version.

It also seems overdue for another class to bring the equivalent of mage cakes to a group. The monk class could fill this by dropping a Keg everyone could interact with providing mage cake like health/mana regen.

Lastly, The statues at the bottom of the class tree need A LOT of support. Having them provide the Avoidance/Leech at a 10-yards as well as the monk would provide them greater utility for the ranged group. As well as providing LOS effects for X seconds on the drop for OX, Windfury type effects for X seconds for Tiger and something like Pulsing AOE healing effects/Mana regen effects for Serpent. Additionally, a crane statue could be added setting up in such a way as a warlock portal allowing Fistweaving monks to be in ranged replicating damage at the location of the other statue in melee/AOE PI for X seconds. Thank you and keep up the good work. I can’t wait to play Dragonflight.

2 Likes

SL version of Niuzao is horrible. Honestly i want them to re-work it. If you dont get red stagger ie in lower keys or out in the open your never getting full damage potential. Find another spec like that… Also to maximize red stagger into stomp takes good timings its just really not great. They should just give it a big damage boost the baseline stomp and remove the damage amp based on purified stagger.

Brew is one the lowest DPSing tanks it needs some major help.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I also agree that Niuzao supports poor gameplay by stacking high stagger for high damage output.

2 Likes

It’s weird that MW had had multiple tree revisions, and WW had had a revision pass, but there hasn’t been a peep from the devs about brew since the talent tree was released a month ago. I posted my thoughts about brew on the PTR forums, and I agree big time about our ox buddy, would really like the purify for damage mechanic to go away and just have his damage buffed.

1 Like

Good Morning again,

My testing notes will continue to be captured here as I don’t have beta access. After testing w/o our current 4pc bonus (Brewmaster) in my opinion it will feel terrible losing it in Dragonflight. It shored up many of the weaknesses Brewmaster’s were having after the HP nerf and self-healing we lacked. Suggestion Refer to the initial post bullet three.

I’ve also been thinking about ways Niuzao can feel better as a CD. Most, if not all of the damage we currently are required to spec into is placed baseline correcting the degen /sit gameplay we currently experience increasing damage on stomps as well as creating good damage during lower damage, encounters i.e. low keys and farm raids.

Additionally, a defensive component can be added enabling group/raid-wide stagger (how we already don’t have this as monks is beyond me) making this CD able to be used in either an offensive or defensive situation.

CLASS TREE:

• Place Detox where Soothing Mists is at, move Tiger Tail Sweep to where Detox was and make it one point, then place Soothing Mists in the deleted bin (JK) put it where Tiger Tail Sweep was. Make it not feel like crap to take the other charge of Roll.
  • I’ll say it louder for the devs in the back MAKE THE STATUES WORTH TAKING (see the first post)
  • Make rank 2 of Paralysis an offshoot from rank 1. That is some petty stuff making us spend 2 pts to go that path avoiding a PVP talent (Disable) or support talent (Detox). You’re better than that!

Allow Rising Sun kick to interact with the Brewmaster kit in some way. Reduce stagger, add elusive brawler stacks, or increase shuffle. Something, please.

SPEC TREE:

• Make Healing Elixer a Brew. BrM-Brew’s, WW-Elixer’s, MW-Tea’s IMHO.
  • Healing Elixer is the only thing in the BrM tree I get two charges of for free. FEELS BAD to give us 2 charges of Keg Smash, Purifying Brew, and Celestial Brew w/o wasting 3 pts.
  • Special Delivery is GREAT to help button bloat but is a poor talent on the move. Make it hit instantly but still show the keg-dropping animation.
  • Restore High Tolerance to its Shadowlands glory.
  • IMO add Faeline Stomp to the Brewmaster Tree over Bonedust Brew. Looks better and I enjoy the challenge of maximizing its gameplay.

Now that directional area damage denial is a more in-place thing (looking at you Tazavesh first boss) give Monk’s a directional area damage stagger denial raid CD. Example: Hit button, Large Ox Summons in front of Monk everything behind Monk in a cone shape takes raid damage XX% stagger over X seconds.

Give MW the external tank CD you gave Evokers that’s just dirty. Monk is the stagger class and you gave them that tank external?

HOT TAKES: Some of our PvP talents are on point and would be great to use in PvE gameplay consider implementing them. Avert Harm, Double Barrel, Hot Trub, Incendiary Breath, and of course the best of all Mighty Ox Kick (set up like Veng DH providing more control). Obviously, tune for PvE.

Lastly, a great idea I would like to echo here as well. It has good class fantasy and would provide an alternative to rogue.

Thanks for reading the testing continues.

1 Like

I heavily disagree that the ox is a bad cooldown - eating 25% of my stagger when I’m sitting at 100% stagger on pulls is massive and when used properly is an amazing defensive. The damage portion is really just a bonus, not something thats meant to be the shining light of the ability. If you don’t need to use it because you’re not sitting at high enough stagger, then maybe the content you’re doing is too low for you or you’re not pulling enough.

The one thing I agree with is that our 4 piece 100% needs to come back. This isn’t even a question and I don’t understand why BDK’s get to have theirs but we don’t get ours back.

AT THE VERY LEAST - give us back the healing from keg smash. We are not OP whatsoever and that is extremely obvious from this season so I don’t understand why we’re losing power.

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn’t trying to convey Ox was a bad cooldown. The point I was trying to make is it feels super bad needing to spend 4 points for OX to be where it is currently in SL. I really don’t understand why we’re receiving 0 feedback from devs with regards to BrM monk requests when other tanking specs are having great discussions.

I think the entire BrM monk player base is in support of us getting Keg of the Heavens. I’m hopeful we can get some of these last items worked out but if the past is any indication of future feedback/onboard seems slim.

1 Like