PTR Patch Notes - WoW Classic Version 1.13.5

My dear fellow Ally,

Please remember to get AV exalted before these go live. Thereafter it will never be possible =P

Well, we’ll get some from killing Galv lmao…

5 Likes

What’s it going to take for them to address / change BG matchmaking when it comes to pug vs premade? They’re so slow with updates, I imagine October or December.

Bots were running out of space.

15 Likes

If that was your primary goal in AV, you won’t be missed in the BG. Those who actually want to play the BG as intended can have your spot.

1 Like

Sad to see AQ 40 testing will not be possible. I know many guilds were planning to use the PTR to test the raid and test things out with both tuning and strategy. I had be under the impression that part of the reason we saw the PTR arrive with ZG was mainly due to the large amount of guilds that were using private servers to practice BWL. With no Blizzard run option to test AQ 40, we’re going people yet again going back to private servers when it could have been avoided.

Finally, legitimate Horde AV advantages that were not intended are being fixed. 100% all great patch notes here.

1 Like

Lol, so 3 people will queue?

1 Like

How frequent was a galv kill prior to bal to even be noticed?

Yeah Horde are gonna hate having 3 hour queues again.

zug zug

Ally generally knew that killing Galv after Bal was pointless. Not sure we commonly knew that wasn’t the case for Horde. Now that there are more clearly understood benefits to killing Galv, I think you’ll see him killed more often. Especially at the end in lieu of a LTs push.

I do sort of hope that closing the back door will make a difference though. Backdooring the Ally base does result in a quicker loss.

6 Likes

You were literally handing in blood from horde kills, and rather than advancing south, you simply farmed rep with it. Why should blizzard sympathize with that garbage?

How often was galv killed before balinda to even be noticed?

Maybe play the BG as intended?

I literally watched a group of alliance west of Bal for 20 minutes, picking off stray hordies, yet never even attempting to ride south. Again: blizzard should show zero sympathy for the alliance tactic of “not trying to win”.

2 Likes

Come on Kaivax, we really want to know what the devs are thinking about the GY issue in AV. It’s one of the biggest reasons alliance are having trouble in the BG when we do actually try to win.

People wouldn’t even try because of this. Many times you’d go to kill Galv and the horde team would kill Bal just before you did so killing Galv wasn’t worth it. Or Bal would be dead already and people would not bother with Galv.

There’s a ton of lost rep there over the course of Classic.

You don’t see this as a problem to be fixed? I mean if you like the dom playstyle that’s fine. You can play how you wish.

The real issue is how divided the Alliance are in AVs. Hear me out.

Bots/AFKers/RepFarmers/Non-Participants take up 10-20+ people on Alliance every AV.

Get rid of these people, minus rep farmers ( because that’s being fixed by forcing the druids out ), and you will see the Alliance start to win many more games. It may not solve the GY issue, but it will mean a more focused group of players who work together to win. 35-40 people working together > 15-20.

2 Likes

Speaking of API changes…

On behalf of at least one addon dev, could you please add an API call to check if a realm/zone is currently Layered.

1 Like

All of that is the results of us losing for months and months.

After 7 months of losing we gave up.

There is no new strat we haven’t tried. This is a joke.

3 Likes

Of course it should be fixed. :man_shrugging:

AV is a lost cause work on premade vs premade

4 Likes