(PTR) OL set is worse than garbage

I know I know, this is the first iteration of sets datamined.
But holymolymacarony…If this is the OL bonus they are going with…wow.

Sub got AMAZING set bonus.
Assa also got real good one.

OL gets…what? offhand 30% proc? No no.
It’s 25% chance on a 30% offhand hit chance.

Every 10-12th Pistol shot we get 1 free Between the eye? What the actual kick in the bum is this?

Between the eyes already has nearly 100% upkeep.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/datamined-rogue-tier-set-bonuses-in-patch-9-2-assassination-outlaw-subtlety-324973?page=2#p5284605

Blizzard, just admit it, you hate OL with passion.

4 Likes

I dont believe for a single second that any dev has ever played outlaw.

2 Likes

Agreed - it was bad enough that they decided to keep BF capped in AoE while uncapping practically everything else in the game. Now they’re offering up some token bonuses thinking people will go “I wanna OL”.
It is pretty clear whomever came up with these hates Outlaw.

2 Likes

Yeah, the free BtE had me excited for a second, and then I remembered that this means current BtE, not the stun+garbage truck damage.

My main is a brewmaster. I can’t decide which of the two set bonuses is worse.

1 Like

Outlaw tier set pretty much already confirms the death of Law as a spec until 10.0 unless they rework the set which we all know isn’t going to happen. They’re pushing us out of being allowed to do ST and already began pushing us out of M+ in 1.5.

Most of the combo points generated by the free pistol shot are going to get wasted because you have no control over it whatsoever and 90% of the time the BTE resets are going to happen when you have like 3 seconds left on BTE CD making it completely useless. EVEN IF it procs right away it’s still useless because BTE doesn’t pandemic and since you’re using BTE for the crit buff you’re literally wasting it by using it again before the buff expires but because of Restless Blades you don’t want to hold it either… The energy reduction makes pretty much no difference because it practically costs nothing as it is. It also has anti-synergy with Greenskin Wickers since if the proc is used without QD + Opportunity it still does zero damage. The only other legendary that interacts with PS is Blunderbuss and it’s extremely buggy and useless.

We’ll be forced into playing Sin in raid and Sub in M+ unless the Sub 4p Shadowstrikes a single target 5 times which I doubt that it does.

6 Likes

They changed combat to outlaw because they needed the theme for the artifact weapon.

They can just change it back to combat, make us me weapon masters again

2 Likes

I’m of the mindset they forgot that pistol shot on it’s own without the double damage proc, only hits for 700-1400 damage. This could be buffed to fire one every time you main gauche and it still would barely break around 5% damage buff (excluding combo points).

2 Likes

Napkin math suggests this is an incredibly undertuned set. FINAL EDIT: If the 2pc doesn’t give combo points, this set is DoA. If it does, it STILL NEEDS BUFFED. (2-4% if combo points, 1-2% if no combo points AND it doesn’t treat the pistol shot as an opportunity shot) the 4pc is still a waste of code

Taking a few fights on warcraft logs you can basically figure out this is going to be a small DPS increase (somewhere between 1-4%. Depending on combo point generation or not. Not nearly enough to offset the borrowed power that gems/dom pieces currently are giving the spec.)

Where the rough math is coming from:

MG procs about 100 times in a 5 min fight
25% of that to shoot a pistol shot
25 extra pistol shots over 5 min

In that same 5 min fight, you’re going to cast about 20-30 pistol shots natively for roughly 2% of your DPS.

(25ish native pistol shots + 25 extra) (FINAL EDIT UPDATE: Taking into consideration if these add combo points, this is more a 2-4% increase. BUT THESE ARE OPPOTUNITY PROCS - if this set doesn’t treat them as such, it’s a laughable 1-2% increase.)

The 4pc though - oh boy -

50% to load a bullet, after 6 bullets you get to cast a BtE.

So now you have 50ish total pistol shots over 5 min. 24 of that will load a bullet. 24/6 =4. That’s 4 extra BtE’s

In a 5 min fight you will cast (roughly) about 15 BtE’s for around 4% of your total damage. 4 more would increase this by MAYBE 1%. Maybe. (That’s if you can actually use them effectively. What if BtE’s got less than 7 seconds and you get that proc? You basically wasted it).

We are looking at a set based on RNG, of an RNG class that is already too RNG. But the worst part is, the RNG feels so small it just ends up being useless and frustrating RNG on top of an already RNG class.

FINAL EDIT UPDATE: If combo points - 3-4%. If no combo points 1-2%. It’s bad. Someone (Ty Inhumane) pointed out that the pistol shot damage on logs is almost exclusively opportunity procs, which is correct. If this set doesn’t treat these shots as so, it’s really, really bad

FINAL UPDATE - The 4pc is still a waste of code. Literally. Nothing changed here.

Winds of winter is doing like 15-20% of outlaws DPS right now. Sure you can argue the sets are too much borrowed power. (They are) But we are looking at a scenario where going up 20 ilvls will give you the same dps in the new raid as SoD. That will feel terrible.

6 Likes

Well put together! Hopefully, people like you can allow Blizzard to see what is going on!
People who take time to break stuff down deserve a special spot in after life :smiley:

I am not against RNG overall. But in OL case, good RNG can get you to 10k+ ST damage and bad RNG gets you barely 3-4k…You got an issue. Unlike other classes, we aren’t really proc-based rotation. We are at a mercy of RNG…And let’s be frank here, RtB RNG sucks. Even with 252+ conduits, odds of getting 3+ rolls is HORRIBLE.

During any SoD fight, I am LUCKY to get at least one perfect roll. Most of the time it’s singular w/ 5 second roll procs from another conduit. There is no OL w/o those conduits.

It’s dreadful to play OL when you go Sinister-2s pause-Sinister-2s pause-Sinister-2s pause… I started playing Assa for raids and it’s constant Muti-Muti-Envenom. All your hits give you 2/3 CB’s and your rotation has practically zero downtime. Definitely not the case of OL. And Sub has even less downtime.

I really hope for changes to OL.

3 Likes

4 set bte reset isn’t even free in essence. energy cost is very small, you still have to build and spend cps for the bte, and the debuff uptime is almost 100% normally so the cd reset doesn’t even matter that much. Even if u run Greenskins, we don’t know how the 2 set interacts with the legendary in terms of consuming the buff without opportunity proc.

Now going by the description of the outlaw set, they should really make the 4 set proc a high damaging bte that does a frontal cleave, hence why 6 bullets are needed to be loaded. that would make it alot more interesting and impact full

2 Likes

Why is using between the eyes while BTE debuff is up a waste? it has a 4x crit mod, just send it

Agreed, it needs to turn into a blunderbus type of shot that can cleave in a cone. Plenty of trinkets already have this functionality. AND it could apply the crit buff to ALL targets affected, and get some of that Legion functionality back.

That would be nice.

1 Like

no, cause bladeflurry cant crit, having it coded to be a cone to spread debuff around is a bad idea cause of that simple fact. it just needs to make bte do a ton more damage to warrant a press of btw proc.

Because BTE crits do roughly the exact same amount of damage as a Dispatch crit while doing less if it doesn’t. The entire reason you’re using BTE is for the crit buff so if you BTE, happen to get a reset, and BTE again you’re literally just wasting it.

1 Like

So its a “free dispatch”

Calling it a waste, pandemic or not, is just moaning but carry on

So it’s moaning because it’s legitimately the worst DPS tier set and you think that people should just accept that?

3 Likes

But it’s not a free dispatch, pressing dispatch during that GCD would be better than a free BtE, as a NON-CRIT BtE is very weak.

Outlaw is pretty GCD capped as it is, what they are saying is true. More often than not, this “free” reset will be wasted. Not literally wasted as in you won’t press it, but because if BtE is less than 10 seconds from being off CD it’s pointless, if the crit buff is already up its pointless, and if you have dispatch ready to use, it’s pointless.

It’s going to be VERY hard to min/max a free BtE shot that will most likely just be a DPS loss over pressing dispatch. Not ONLY that, but over a 5min fight it’s actually only 3-5 more BtE’s. It’s laughably bad.

2 Likes

They should make it so when you load 6 bullets… Your next BtE shoots 6 bullets. Like a blunderbuss version of BtE. That’d be sick. And maybe an amplified version of the crit boost? Not sure about that one though.

1 Like

You would’ve loved 8.3 sin rogue. I started in legion and thats still peak sin rogue for me. And the best part was it had none of the bs toxic blade game play that sin players love so much cause it turns the spec into a wannabe sub rogue

Just make it aoe like. Something uncapped.