PTR Heirloom Upgrades cost 15000g and 22500g

Wow, blizzard fixed this on the ptr within a few days of people complaining.

Wonder why they cant change classes then…

1 Like

Yeah, this makes no sense at all, but good luck getting a car.

1 Like

Perhaps it wasn’t broken in the first place, the numbers weren’t accurate, and it was a planned edit?

I mean, that’d be the logical assumption rather than “heirlooms had their prices fixed but not classes!” :roll_eyes:

This reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon where the boss is complaining their competitors can make 100 toasters in an hour but it takes his team a month to make just 1 airplane.

2 Likes

The gold cost change was a numerical change.

Half the specs just need numerical changes to feel better. What do you not understand about this?

They could easily make it just like the engineers tinkers that don’t take up an enchant slot.

It’s a gold sink. The price goes up every expansion so you have to sink some gold into getting a luxury. This is the exact same as if someone was complaining about the cost of the frog mount.

I pointed out the alternative method because you don’t want to pay the gold cost. There is another way to get them, which most other gold sinks don’t have.

The issue is that you are treating this like a necessity when it is a luxury.

Gold sinks haven’t really kept up with inflation. They should offer an option to buy flying once you hit 120 for 300,000g to 500,000g, that’d be about equivalent to the 6200g paid in TBC (for one character, not across the account too).

Honestly, I’m surprised by the cost as well. Gold is harder to obtain now… For example, a mission takes longer, is less frequently available, and has less money (maybe 250g combined victory and bonus victory) versus Legion (1000g victory + 1000g bonus victory). WQ give less gold and have the option of gold less frequently. Repairs/flights are more expensive.

Yes, there are alternative gold methods, etc. available, but the padding/general income generation has grown down since WoD and Legion… There are so many heirlooms… to upgrade all of them would be amazingly cost prohibitive… especially if you haven’t already done the 60-90, 90-100, 100-110 upgrades… How many slots are there? Head, neck, shoulder, cloak, chest, pants, ring 1, ring 2, trinket 1, trinket 2, weapon 1, and weapon 2? That’s 12 slots. Assuming you use only the 15,000g price for every slot and still upgrade the necklace (since you have to use the Heart of Azeroth regardless) and you don’t upgrades weapons/necklace for another spec on that character, you’re looking at 180,000g for 10 levels of one armor type (mail, plate, etc) and one spec and possibly a two handed weapon, two one handed weapons, a one handed weapon and an offhand, or a one handed weapon and a shield… Doing that across the four armor types (even though there are multiple heirlooms for some slots within the same armor type), you’re looking at over 700,000 gold!:scream::scream::scream:

None of that includes the initial time sink for obtaining the heirlooms or the cost of upgrading the heirlooms from 60-90, 90-100, or 100-110. :scream:

Prices were dropped on the PTR.

Not everyone makes tons of gold. blizzard stop being stupid for once.

2 Likes

Ah. I just read the post linking it. That’s good. It was starting to get a little crazy expensive to have heirlooms haha.

2 Likes

I find 110-117 or so decently paced, but I feel the last 2 or 3 levels just absolutely crawl. I’m happy to entertain the idea that it might just be my impatience, but I don’t feel like the exp from turning in a quest moves the bar as much as it did in earlier levels.

That said, I will agree that taking the head/shoulders/chest out of the exp equation will definitely stop me from purchasing upgrades for those slots, saving a decent amount of gold.

What does the lazy player do? The player who isn’t enthralled by using an app to take advantage of the AH? The player who doesn’t farm mog equipment?

They buy tokens to get heirlooms.

Don’t be naive. Love Blizzard, but take off the glasses so you can see.

I’m not seeing how people having extra cash to blow is my issue. They’ve always been around, gold sellers too

Also at that point wouldn’t be cheaper just to buy a level boost?

They want to pretend they’re giving us something we asked for, when actually it is a net loss. I have no doubt that, just as in Legion, after you paid all that gold for your upgrades they’re already planning on nerfing them steeply.

Maybe this thread could be locked as well since the price was already reduced.

1 Like

What is “lazy”, anyway? Do you seriously think that people who don’t want to waste either their time, their dollars, or both are “lazy”?

A lot of people examined the situation back as BfA approached and, realizing it was going to be a series of cash grabs (just as Legion heirloom upgrades were a cash grab before a planned stealth nerf), and decided to either leave the game or just not buy BfA.

I didn’t buy BfA, and I have not seen anything since then that would give me reason to think I made the wrong decision.

Glad they knocked down that pricing, that was far too high for a lot of people who play this game. Especially if you are one of those people that did not play in legion.

Those numbers, 15,000 and 22,500, are erroneous and this was already mentioned in another thread.