PSA: You can recover your lost BG tokens in the mail!

Seriously who the hell had over 100 marks in their mailbox after prepatch and had their marks sent there.

This is complete back peddling because the “fix” is not working for everyone and some people are being left out completely from attempting this because they did it the first day.

Terrible

2 Likes

Bro, respectfully, give us an f’n break.

Your devs screwed this up, and cost a lot of us marks.

I played with guy last night and he recovered marks FROM APRIL.

He’s now sitting on full stacks.

You can’t give us Marks from the 17?

Just send me 20 AB marks, and we call it fair.

1 Like

This whole thing doesn’t make much sense to me at all. And honestly, I’m saddened that it’s even happening.

It was only intended that marks earned after the prepatch went live could be restored? After the prepatch went live, marks stacked to 100 instead of 20. So unless someone earned 80+ marks from the same BG on Wednesday (before the “fix”) then mail wouldn’t have been sent to him or her anyway.

I restored my marks after the OPs post so I got mine, but a lot of people who were proactive and tried to restore before then didn’t get them. Why not? It’s not fair to them.

I am of course assuming this is just some kind of communication problem between the teams. Because I have no idea why marks would be intentionally deleted in the first place. I don’t remember Blizzard doing that for the vanilla prepatch, did they? Guilds prefarmed the mats to open the AQ gates. And there was no problem with that.

I think the only reason why most people prefarmed marks the day before patch was because of the short two-week window before TBC. I don’t know why Blizzard would want to go out of their way to delete marks that their players earned, and upset them even further.

If the marks were deleted because they fell under the category of quest items, then I also ask why Blizzard felt it was necessary to delete quest items in the first place.

I really hope that Blizzard does the right thing here and resets the mail restore cooldown for everyone, or manually restores the marks for people that didn’t get them; or do whatever they need to do to fix this.

6 Likes

Just to confirm, I was able to get my BG marks restored that I had farmed up the day before pre patch that were lost because of the extended maintenance.

1 Like

I’m SOL on 40 AB marks because of this. This is what we get for understanding how to use the ticketing and mail restore system before they actually have it working correctly.

Blizzards recent incompetency level shows that unless things are Chernobyl level of failure like the honor nerf they won’t do anything. Especially because this requires more work then just doing a across the board change.

I can’t wait to see how we get screwed over next.

1 Like

Exactly, stop lying to us Kaivax.

Tons of people just like you were able to, this is complete nonsense. Put in some effort blizzard give us some resolution on this issue rather than whatever you call this low effort post from Kaivax. We don’t need fluff we need fixs.

Agreed Game masters can’t do this. So who can? You guys broke it. We pay for the service that you provide so make it right. Now point me to someone who can make it right? I only want what
was allowed normally and I earned according to the rules of the game.

1 Like

Private servers are looking really appealing at the moment.

1 Like

What is actually going on…
So many people have said they’ve been able to restore their marks, others say they couldnt, half the gm’s say yes and some say no…

I used mail restore the day of the prepatch in hopes of getting my marks back, it did not work. I opened a ticket after seeing how everyone is getting their marks back as it seemed I used the service too soon, the gm responded with “Your marks are now recoverable from the mail”, sure, i went to the mailbox and there was certainly the mail restored, but once again no marks.

I have now opened ticket #2

Regardless, the issue here is that it’s working for half of us and not working for the other half. The support team are also completely split in two on the subject matter.

Idk how Kaivax can say it doesn’t work when people are clearly saying it did, on the exact same post. I have multiple guildies who have recovered marks that were deleted dating weeks back!

Can confirm that a GM has told me marks not recoverable, yet some people were able to successfully – so support either doesn’t know how to handle it (mailbox issues with prepatch says as much) or doesn’t care to.

that’s what Blizzard is about these days

Tried this.

No Classic characters, only Retail.

Option to switch doesn’t.

Jokes on me.

If you want to nerf honor then give people the time to grind it instead of a laughable 2 week prepatch made only to incentivise paying for a Boost

current stuck in cs hell where gms are restoring other peoples bg marks and not mine

No classic characters show up on the list, only retail. Clicked burning crusade classic multiple times. Its okay though, its understandable considering Blizzard is still a very small company. Give them some time to get their website working.

Edit: I figured it out as I am apparently blind. Below the recover sent or deleted items theres another line with the exact same text except its classic. Click that one and youll get your mail back

1 Like

is there any update on this?

some GMs are restoring marks for people and some are not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.