PSA: Still no Storm Lord

I opened up a ticket and they said they will refer it to the dev team… Hope they extend it or fix it!

3 Likes

I’ve been checking a lot this past weekend haven’t seen storm once. Would be nice if it spawned before DF

2 Likes

I’m just poking at you. You took issue with his declaring that it wasn’t up for four days. The observable reality here is if it spawns once in a days worth of cycles and he was sleeping it would obviously not have been up for four days (for him but regardless).

It’s just technical jibberish which just dismisses the fundamental problem that the event is bugged.

2 Likes

So you’re not reading my post.

I saw that you admitted it was too rare. You still asserted he was a liar.

1 Like

its pretty ridiculous …If it would at least spawn It wouldn’t feel so bad.

3 Likes

While I finished my trinket; I wanted to have all my char/alts have the achievement [Against the Elements] which is character specific/feat of strength.
I have completed on 22 characters but have another 6 that just need Air.
I kept track on Saturday/Sunday and Air only popped 1 time (sat 10 pm - sun 1 am (PST) was Air in ungoro/badlands)

1 Like

I know we had weeks to do it, but it’s a weird thing to have to rely on luck of a spawn that seems to be really bad right now. Timing means work or other things in life actually caused some of us to miss spawns. If it showed up as often as the other three, I don’t think anyone would be caring right now.

But RNG is a rude thing to rely on for a one time event. I was playing a game last night. Rolled 10 dice with a 50/50 shot of success on all 10. Got all blanks on all 10. That’s my luck. I’m worried I won’t finish this trinket because odds are never in my favor lol.

2 Likes

Right and I also said that the invasion is screwed up which means I think it’s broken or bugged, whatever “technical jibberish” you want to use.

I also said that they’re either mistaken or lying. I don’t know which it is.

That’s the problem. It’s not realistic for normal playtime to be 24/48 hours. So this wee stupid storm spawns once in 24/48 hours it’s GG for a lot of people.

3 Likes

I am still waiting for air as well, I wonder if blizzard will to extend it by a day or two for the people who need the Primeval

3 Likes

This pre-patch storm bug just sucked the hype right out of DF for me. What major bugs will we face in this expansion I wonder…

8 Likes

I was one of those who didn’t get much time until this weekend to do the invasions. Haven’t seen the Storm Lord yet. (set my alarm the last 2 nights to catch all the spawns). Looks like one more chance. Don’t really care about the trinket (but am just missing the storm piece), the achievement would be nice…

3 Likes

4 days is inaccurate because the last time storm spawned was Saturday evening 7pm EST. I know this, because I’ve been watching every 3 hour cycle since then. However, given the fact that there have been 14 spawn cycles so far without even one storm is ridiculous. The next cycle at 4pm EST will be the last spawn of any of them. Hopefully blizzard has mercy on those of us that need to one item to get the trinket. Surely they have to recognize that its a problem.

6 Likes

This ranks right up there with the REALID fiasco, in terms of poor implementation.

That, too, was caused by an effort to ‘cut costs’ in development and being tone deaf to the player base – until the player base hemorrhaged and lawyers were contacted.

Fire, Earth and Water up, looks like Wind has been blown away.

1 Like

1 chance left, bets on the final spawn being air x3?

I figured it out.

Storm was ‘supposed’ to be the ‘big bad’ for this expansion.

The dracthyr actually defeated it in their starting zone.

End of Expansion!

1 Like

I also still need air. I have seen the air boss once during the event, and killed him a few times, but no drop for the trinket. I have been checking as often as I can, but to no avail.

+1 vote for extending the event and fixing the bug with air spawning!

5 Likes

There was a Storm Lord up yesterday, it was the last one I needed for the meta achievement and I got that achievement yesterday. That achievement was not account wide so alt hopping is why I didn’t get it immediately.

But that elemental didn’t seem too common.

In my opinion they seem to have phoned in this pre-patch event. Bare minimum and slightly frustrating, but most of all boring.

Oh well, it’s about over now. I feel bad for those who were not able to get what they wanted to get done in the time they had/time that was given.

1 Like