PSA: Non-Cloak alts, don't turn in Emissary/Assault Cache

Thanks for the PSA, I still will turn in the caches… I don’t plan on mucking about on a lot of my alts to that extent. Rather save myself the time then doing the quest chain again and again and again.

Well according to the patch notes it is intentional.

So here context is important. The ‘they’ in this line is directly referring to the ‘any character’ that has the cloak, that’s the context. There’s no other meaning to the word ‘they’ that would make sense. To say that all characters would be earning echoes they would have to change what the sentence was already referring to. ‘Once any character receives the cloak, all characters linked to that account will receive the echoes’ etc etc

While a little unclear the sentence wasn’t misleading in any way.

And yeah, it sucks for alt-holics :frowning:

People were reading it just fine. They understood what was being said just fine. They were saying characters need the cloak to get essences, however, that IS a bizarre change with no logical purpose.

I don’t understand why you think people can’t read.

The issue isn’t that, its the fact beforehand we were able to collect them and within an hour that all changed to no longer be the case.

2 Likes

How lame. Rank 3 essences will help with the cloak quest line for those motivated to get cloaks on more toons. I was starting to think that maybe my monk was finally geared enough for the 8.3 intro quests to not be annoying with lvl 80+ neck, 3 rank 3 essences, and ilvl 430.

Echoes should drop as soon as essence slots are unlocked to allow alts to start earning currency for rank 3 essences.

Ive done it on a mage and this dude all around 400 ilvl you can probably get away with 380 or so

so rude of dem! Garbag

It’s not so much that they’ve made it annoying. They’ve made it impossible now for characters without cloaks to purchase essences from mother.

I did it in heirlooms, and whatever I picked up opening up nazjatar, on a fury

Doesnt mean I want to bother running the thing for the 10th time simply to be able to help upgrade a few more alts with essences.