PSA: Non-Cloak alts, don't turn in Emissary/Assault Cache

Just confirming Marla’s topic, characters without the Legendary Cloak DO NOT collect Echoes of Ny’alotha. One of my alts who turned 120 last week still at around ilevel 426, who has 400 Echoes before the maintenance, turned in an Emissary today and received no Echoes from this point on. Kind of sad, I was 100 away from the character’s first r3 Essence purchase, now nothing.

4 Likes

Thanks for heads up Jerauld and Marla

Do you think that is a bug? I sort of think it was myself because I couldn’t see any logical reason for the change.

Can you do the assaults without the cloak? I thought the quest to unlock them gave you the cloak.

Once you do the initial Uldum Assault, they become available from that point on.

Forced cloak participation is the logical reason for the change. Can’t show it’s a great system if people aren’t participating.

1 Like

yep, I tested it on one of my non-cloaked alts…no echoes…

I submitted a bug report about it…

but I have a sneaking suspicion that the change was intentional…

Well…thanks for the heads up but I am glad I am in the #NoCloakClub.

1 Like

It sucks in so many ways, it means undergeared 120 characters are going to have it much harder doing the Legendary Cloak quest chain just to obtain it. I was hoping to get that character geared a bit more to at least 430+ with at least one r3 Essences to help out. Now all I have is r1 Concentrated Flame and Breath of the Dying; I was hoping to fill out that third Minor Slot today.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me as well. I have 14 lvl 120 alts, only my main has done the cloak quest. There is no way I was ever going to spend any amount of time doing the cloak quest on them, just can’t be arsed.

Before today, at least I was passively getting enough echos for r3 essences (Roughly 1 every week and a half or so) and slowly filling out the neckless as most of them are in the 80-85 neck level just doing daily mission table and emissaries. Now they dont earn any echos from weekly chest or emissary turn ins. I hope this is a bug and not an intentional design change.

3 Likes

This isn’t really news. Their big post yesterday specifically says

once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning…

Doesn’t say once any character on the account, which is what most people have apparently presumed it meant.

Gotta read the fine print.

Or blizz can explain it more clearly

1 Like

That was read but I am not sure it was intentional regardless. Makes totally no sense to change things this way.

1 Like

Except it does if you’re a developer and want players to do the questline tied directly to the latest patch to benefit from this change.

Sucks for players, I agree. That doesn’t seem to be a concern for Blizzard to make changes though.

It is going to achieve the exact opposite of that goal though. I don’t like struggling on characters, so I was getting some essences prior to doing that legendary questline. After I got the essences I was going to do the questline.

The order I do things should not matter. Either someone is working on a character or they are not. They aren’t going to force people to get that cloak just to be able to get essences.

2 Likes

Blizz’s newest motto: “have fun OUR way, or else we will make it as annoying as possible for you”

3 Likes

Back to doing emissaries only when the reward is worthwhile. I went through all my characters last night to make sure they had spent all they could.

This does not make me want to get the cloak. I am presuming that half of gear from world quests and emissaries will continue to be corrupted and worthless to someone without the cloak.

Nowhere does it say that characters that have not completed the cloak quest will stop receiving echoes.

It feels like blackmail. I don’t understand why they think making people feel bad about the game is good for the game.

4 Likes

Luckily I spent alot of my time watching netflix while doing the cloak on alts… it gets really boring guys. Lots of afk time flying… just saying prepare yourselves.

Half you gear from WQs/Emissaries is corrupted?

I get like 1 outta 10 if that.

That’s because you have the cloak. Neat how they did that. Half of gear my characters without the cloak get is corrupted. I presume that is intended to be an incentive to get the cloak, because you won’t be able to gear up as fast if you have to vend out gear instead of equipping it.

Still carrying over +300 void ritual in my bag from before last week when I got the cloak on this one.

I’ve vended out hundreds of pieces of (mostly worthless) corrupted gear, saving a few pieces to link to for crits and giggles. 410 bracers with +75 twilight devastation, anyone?