PSA: Non-Cloak alts, don't turn in Emissary/Assault Cache

Yes I think if it was intentional they should have said character no longer will start receiving echoes until they get the cloak. I have no idea why that poster thinks people are misreading it.

You’re right but they implemented a new system, and now that system requires characters to have the cloak before they start receiving Echoes. This sucks for players who previously didn’t need the cloak.

Blizzard’s failure to communicate things properly is well known, and they proudly continue this tradition today.

1 Like

You keep spamming like that was an intentional change and it just isn’t like blizzard to make a change like that and announce it in that manner.

What?

You are saying they nerf a person’s corruption chance after they get the cloak?

That makes no sense.

That means it would be better to intentionally not get your cloak as long as possible.

One of us is right, and the other wrong. Let’s see which way it goes. If I’m wrong, I’ll accept that.

I’m purely reading what their hotfix says, and seeing it reflected in the game. Making a logical conclusion based on the facts available.

I would have to say this might be true. I’ve gotten much more tier 2 and 3 corrupted gear on toons without the cloak than those with it. Way too much to just be good rng. I think it was an incentive before, get cloak or else you can’t use this. Now it’s just “do what we want or we’ll make it suck for you”. Bliz’s new business model. Make the game fight the player, and make the player hate the game.

2 Likes

Basically you’re supposed to find this out not by reading the intentionally vague release, but by realizing you are no longer getting them. It’s truly a slap in the face to players who didn’t realize their alts were no longer going to be able to buy essences they keep telling us are “account bound”.

I was going to get the cloak on the rest of my 120’s. That is no longer my plan. Screw their metrics for success. 8.3 is a failure. Let me help make it even more of a failure by boycotting those zones entirely.

Read the wording. It doesn’t say that characters without the cloak will no longer be receiving echoes. It is intentionally misleading, and that’s exactly what they would do in case of a stealth nerf like this one.

Sounds extremely anecdotal, I am a tad skeptical.

Combined with the overly aggressive “conclusion”, sounds like confirmation bias.

IT MAKES NO SENSE to change this. It isn’t gaining them any advantage to have players get essense/cloak in a certain order.

And I know it doesn’t say that…but it should if this was intentional.

2 Likes

It could very well be a bug. M+ end of dungeon chests are still awarding the original 3x echoes per keystone level instead of the 15x echoes per keystone level they should be awarding. That’s clearly a bug … maybe this is too.

Has this been reported in the Bug Forum?

Just over the weekend this guy managed to get two quest rewards from WQs to be corrupted…each clocking in at 66 corruption. Felt bad man.

I have 15 alts without the cloak. I have written about this previously. I have vended out hundreds of pieces of mostly worthless corrupted gear. I have saved for crits and giggles interesting corruptions and high ranked ones. All of my characters have 8-10 pieces of such gear hanging around. This character has 300+ void ritual corruption in her bag.

It does make sense if you’re a dev who’s trying to convince players who have decided to go without the cloak that they need it to access the essences earned on a different character.

They make changes to the game all the time to influence which and how much content people play. If they do it right, it shouldn’t be noticeable.

But as I said above, people who have the cloak have a much lower drop rate for corrupted gear from world sources than those without.

That’s because people with the cloak are likely to be willing to grind more higher content to get the corruptions they need, while people without the cloak will be more likely to get the cloak so they can use that +75 infinite stars 410 ring. Or maybe just because they aren’t getting geared up because so much gear they get is useless and they’ll try to gear up in the new zones instead.

2 Likes

There corrected that

hmm… heres an idea stop being lazy and just do the questline its not long

Well then. They know we’re discussing this because they know what people are talking about in the forum. Let them announce it’s a bug and give us a timetable to fix it.

I just assume when changes to the game are made that result in nerfs accompanied by vague and misleading announcements that it’s intentional. This is the reputation they have earned.

I kinda understand that they want to accomodate the super hyper competitive people who have to have every BIS item, but do Blizzard really need to screw over those of us trying to play the content. I have 47 alts and only 32 cloaks. I was collecting Echos to get R3 essences. Now I have lost many weeks of progress on those with 400 ish Echos and the remaining 15 have to get the cloak now to get Echos.
8.3 has been an Horrific grind for alts and it just got worse. GJ devs.

3 Likes

dont you think in those weeks of not having the cloak… if you just had the cloak to begin with you would have tons more echos from doing the visions?

You deserve a feat of strength.

They are discussing a number of bugs there concerning echoes.

This. Blizzard does this type of thing all the time. It’s all about this:

except it’s not their “newest motto,” they’ve been doing this for years.

2 Likes

Are you interested in doing visions on 20 plus characters a week because I am sure not.

1 Like