PSA: If you want to PvP, roll Horde

Alliance BGs are full of Ret paladins, no heals. Horde have shamans, the hero class of SoD. Alliance gets steamrolled in most pugs, your only chance at winning BGs is to join a premade. I hope anyone who reads this and wants to PvP rolls horde before it’s too late for P4. Love u all, also buff mages in PvP.

4 Likes

So stop pugging. You’re resigning to failure before you even queue by soloing the BG.

Yes, let’s stop doing something that’s a core game design. Please use your brain before you reply to me, thank you.

3 Likes

Are you a developer? No? Then stop trying to play the game like you made it, and play the game like a player who wants to win.

You do that by premading, not by solo queueing. By all means, forfeit, resign to failure, but the system doesn’t care either way.

Are you a developer? No? Premades should not be the solution to a failure of class design. Again, thank you for proving my point, but your brain seems to be a little smooth to understand.

5 Likes

Been winning 90% of my ABs today on my ret. Not sure what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s just mad his strategy of afking at stables isn’t working for him.

1 Like

We know this is a lie. The horde shaman gas lighting, whats new.

Balthalor is just trolling as well. These horde players don’t want you to re roll because they know I’m right.

5 Likes

Shaman are busted, I can confirm that much…

HOWEVER, the guy telling you to get a premade isn’t wrong… Every horde has to be in a premade to not have astronomical queues, and if you alliance show up without matching premades, you’re going to get rolled.

That also said, two other things for this thread:

1. I do agree that it is completely asinine that premades are required… Even more so on horde via queu times…alliance just need them for win rates

2. I find the assertion that horde has more healers laughable. Boomy, shadow, ele, enhance are seemingly all the hybrids… Doing bgs on my warrior makes it painfully obvious how few healers horde has in general.

2 Likes

BGs are broken in that pugs shouldn’t take on premades but it is actually working the exact opposite atm.

Horde queue solo is like 1.5hours. Premade that get put against alliance pug is 15 min.

I understand the reason as no one in their right mind would queue solo against a premade which then just furthers the problem.

One of the most common horde lfg is “AB premade lfm.”

2 Likes

In some cases, you are correct in your 2nd point. You will have more ele shams and enhance, but those DPS shamans far outweigh the 5 ret paladins in each BG.

1 Like

Maybe they should grey out the paladin class at the player creation screen? lol

I dont get why Paladins are so damn popular… like 80% dont even play their class to their full potential.

2 Likes

did you guys see the way of earth changes for shaman ?

here ill post it.

Engrave your pants with the Way of Earth rune:

While Rockbiter Weapon is active on your main hand weapon and you have a shield equipped, you deal 65% increased threat, gain 30% increased health, take 10% reduced damage, gain 6% reduced chance to be critically hit by melee attacks, and Earth Shock taunts targets to attack you and has a separate cooldown from other Shock spells but has its range reduced to melee range. However, the range of your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Chain Heal, Healing Wave, and Lava Burst spells is reduced by 20 yards.

tldr:
the range of lightning bolt chain lightning chain heal healing wave and lava burst reduced by 20 yard with it active.

pretty crazy.

they could’ve just not done that and nerfed the burn spread instead smh

still would have been pretty strong being able to run WoE with the other runes tho

3 Likes

heh its a huge nerf to running way of earth on an ele.

maybe people wont run it?

Should have been like that since p1. Bravo devs.

i think it might be worse that stated too.

max range is 36 yards on at least the lightning spells and 30 on the lava burst.

is it reduced by 20 yards? or reduced to 20 yards?

16-10 yard range is short short.

Ele definitely won’t run it now, doesn’t change burn spread being the most problematic issue with Ele pvp tho

1 Like

Burn needs to be fixed too. If they want to give them a way to spread FS for more surge procs in pve, they can make lava burst spread existing FS to multiple targets. That way it will have counterplay in pvp.

1 Like

i dont agree.

pretty much alot of the changes purposed would gut the shaman and not just “bring it in line”.