PSA: How to ignore forum users

You made this thread about “naming and shaming” Lfg. Nobody else. OP didn’t break any rules.

1 Like

Super valuable post. +1.

1 Like

This post should be pinned tbh.

This is a great post. Most trolls hide their profile and this is the only way to ignore them.
They even think they can’t be ignored because of the way they hide their public profile.

2 Likes

I had to search back for this post, because it so sorely needed these days. Thanks!

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder on how you can ignore a user.

4 Likes

A user, not their account. Most trolls have multiple toons they post on.

Get a fix on this Blizzard. Stop the forum terrorists!

You also cannot ignore someone whose profile is hidden. See their name and move on I guess, but it could be better.

1 Like

Not accurate.

Reply to their post, and you can get their name. Then block by name. IE: even if it your profile was blocked, I can see that you are Bodicca-maladath

It still show the post the ignore user create. Useless feature

What? My original post works on any user regardless of whether they have their profile hidden.

3 Likes

Nobody should ever have to post on their main for a host of reasons, but there should only be one allowed avatar per account.

I miss cogshanks so much.

Imagine that enough players report you, so much so they had to make an entire thread to tell other how’s to ignore you personally, and still not be banned

The dude works for blizzard btw

If he did he wouldn’t have been screeching on the Cust Service forum all morning.

It’s just part of the ploy. He gets called out for it, fakes a ban, etc

Time will tell. He’s already regrouping on sockpuppets.

Heh, well it seems properly reporting his threads as spam is working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg that is hilarious. Someone even told him to consider posting less LOL

1 Like

They are not banning folks unless it is done automatically. That only occurs in extreme situations.

Blizzard’s bean counters have tied the mods hands.

Someone discovered that some trolls actually pay for a subscription just to post here and if they get banned they cancel.

Kinda sad. So they are trying new ways to control you. Ghost bans etc.

#game on

Edit: Some folks call it shadow banning.