PSA: Don't use Public Computers

Wait what? Gaming cafes are super expensive. You probably could have bought 50 computers for what you paid to the cafe. You can play wow on a $200 computer. Or even a free one someone is throwing out.
Plus you spent thousands on boosts? Doesn’t add up.

4 Likes

Ngl decent PSA but this made me feel a whole lot less sorry for you.

3 Likes

This post makes me laugh.

Clearly, you don’t have any 475+ characters. Only way to get to that level is mythic raiding which I don’t do. Or completing a 15 key one a week on m+.

Time commitment is at most 3 hours per week to get 475 piece each week lol.

And making assumptions makes you look silly. I havent traveled for the past two years…due to an accident which has left me disabled. I’ve been playing the game 12 years…I’ve traveled during that time.

A couple thousand dollars over a decade isn’t much haha

It’s money that could’ve gone into a PC instead of using gaming cafe computers and being in the situation you’re in now.

3 Likes

I have to agree here. I used to work support for a tier 1 computer manufacturer, as a tech, a lead a manager and a program manager. For some reason, you always get people who feel their job is always to tell a customer no (even the managers who are taught better). I had a director try to prove me wrong and in the end after enough analysis, he found its better not to be the “guardian of the cost center” and actually follow the advice of our executive leadership that it costs a lot more to get a new customer than it does to retain an existing one.

For the most part I have had great luck with Blizzard support as well. That being said, one time I ran into someone who just decided what I was trying to do was against the rules (despite it having been done before) and made it his job in life to stop what I had called and asked if I could do (paid service). Nothing major, just a character transfer (a level 35 or so) from one of my sons many man many discarded accounts (he was just throwing this one away and I really liked his character and wanted to add it to my stable). Like I get told here, there more to the story… or well the TOS… despite it really being that easy and simple. Dude just wanted to say no. If this had been a manager under me, we would have a long talk and they would not have been happy if I found out about it.

Lol. Usually comedy posts are done on Sundays and not Fridays. It’s kinda obvious that you are just sposting…

18 months ban? Nah don’t believe it… pretty sure anything past 12 months is a perma ban. But thanks for the laugh.

Sposting Skill: 10/10

1 Like

If you say so.

Enjoy the ban hammer, cheater.

In many cases, you’re not wrong. However, this is WoW GMs, many people have been banned or suspended and never told why. That’s the sad part of the mass flag system and the robot replies or “we looked into it”.

While I get it they posting on the forums about it will not yield any results though it does attract the trolls, sometimes people want to vent that frustration, especially after getting a robot reply that didn’t answer or do anything.

The mass flag system does not permanently “or 18 month?” ban you.

At most you’re suspended for a few days until they can review it. Actual bans require review by a GM. Trust me, i’ve been trolling since Vanilla, i’ve been reported more times than you can count, and i’m still here. Never been banned more than 3 days, and that one was well deserved.

1 Like

I’ve always found this absolutely atrocious service tbh… The whole point of a penalty is to enforce that an action was so egregious that you needed more than a slap on the wrist or a written warning.

If you can’t even find out what the action was… how in the world are you supposed to correct the behavior. It’s akin to randomly spanking your child and telling them they did something wrong… but refusing to tell them what.

Now there’s always two sides to every story, but from every forum vacation I’ve received… I wouldn’t say the OP is telling a tall tail here… If you’re going to ban/suspend us, then tell us what the heck we did. We can’t improve if you don’t tell us what we did wrong.

1 Like

I personally enjoy all the CSI and FBI we have here on our GD forums. You guys the true MVP’s. Way to get down to the smelly fish! Keep up the good work fellas!

1 Like

Why on earth would you play WoW on a public computer? And how is it somehow Blizzards fault that you made such a decision?
Disability or not, having the common sense to not entrust a computer that isn’t yours in the first place is a necessity…
The audacity of these posters.

1 Like

Are we talking forums or in-game? Not every person’s experiences are the same. I’ve seen people harass someone for months, admit to it and never get infracted. I’ve also seen people get banned for making jokes in a joke thread.

In game obviously. I’ve been suspended from the forums twice. Once was BS, but the other i made a joke about someones uncle doing inappropriate things with them.

In-game is different. Groups can get people silenced for a few days for mass flagging falsely but rarely do people get banned for it. Forums are more actively “looked at” but very often cherry-picked.

But nobully we’re the toxic ones for not taking everything at face value!

Zoom in…enhance… Zoom in enhance

3 Likes

Did you use two factor auth? It’s terrible to lose an account for something you didn’t do. Eighteen months is a bit too harsh even if you did do it.

5 Likes