PSA: Don't use Public Computers

Thank you so much for your input

Sure you do.

1 Like

Sorry it happened to you OP, hope you get that resolved. :frowning:

…Meanwhile, i’m thinking why we still have internet cafes if we have smartphones, laptops and wifi and all over stuff that doesn’t break the bank to a point where even the government or ISP, phone providers or whatever, gives you a basic phone for a very very dirt cheap or free but limited data plan. :confused:

:thinking:

Sarcasm is hard
Granite minds cannot follow
Humorless wasteland

3 Likes

How is this not common knowledge? lol

That’s why I hate their new system. People getting banned and you have no idea why. Imagine getting arrested, sitting in a jail cell for months and not being told why you’re there.

1 Like

I feel horrible for you, but, having played as long as you have, you can’t tell me you didn’t see the tooltips or hear people’s horror stories about playing on public computers. it’s pretty common knowledge. As such, from a business standpoint, the responsibility falls on you due to the fact that they warn you not to allow your information to be compromised. You did.

Having said that, I hope you can appeal and recover your account in this case. If you have been emailing, you should gather ALL information you have, expect to FAX things, and talk to a person. Be polite, articulate, and cross your fingers. I wish you well.

I used their gaming computers while I saved to buy one

No, they don’t. And suggestions like that are why.

Blizzard can’t read every single post. Titles like the one this guy used draw attention away from it. It’s actually something Blizzard would support, don’t use public computers.

Good point! What cafe’s are allowing you to sit around and play WOW in their lobby right now?

2 Likes

Australia or New Zealand it probably where they are from but even then they are getting surges so I don’t know.

I was responding to a give me money post which was reported.

Makes you wonder how Blizzard/Netease monitors and enforces ToS infractions in China. You know, where they play WoW at net cafes.

Why do you not have the authenticator on your account?

1 Like

I wouldn’t use a public computer ever, even before you could get COVID from it.

1 Like

There is always more to the story. People purposefully leave out incriminating evidence to paint themselves as the victim.

Since this person supposedly travels too much and pays for boosts, he likely uses some bot service to farm (travels so much but has time to get 5 characters to 475, and other alts…??) and gear up faster.

Blizz caught it and banned him.

This is kind of why they have the “Don’t use public computers” tip on loading screens. Doesn’t matter if it’s a gaming cafe or not, professional or otherwise, those computers are accessed by the public and may have malwares on them.

My other issue with this thread is OP now not supporting Blizz for their own mistake of using a public computer and making this a PSA. I don’t get this.

sounds like good ban, rightfully so. excuses won’t suffice. I dont think you are telling us the whole story

1 Like

You said that you were on disability pension, can’t afford a computer, but can afford to spend thousands on boosts…hmmm…sounds fishy.

6 Likes

I used to see these threads and worry that no-one would believe me if I ever posted about being falsely banned. I’ve played this game since TBC as well and have used addons like Gladius and DBM etc etc, things that really play the game for you and have still never recieved even a one day ban. It’s almost like you don’t get banned if you don’t do anything wrong :tipping_hand_man:

Hey bud! It’s a mess here, always has been, nothing you do or say will change that I’m afraid.

People are bored of BfA, wasn’t the best expac at that and are already feeling edgy towards SL.

You just dropped this on GD as a favor but GD doesn’t work like that. It’s not a Poster Board in the Community Center where people come in and read the information and move along, it’s a target for players to shoot at.

Folks will get enraged about everything!

Watch this:

That was just an example, if the title isn’t something obviously against the TOS it can avoid attention until reported, and the reports are backlogged like 3 days. More so if they post sunday when Blizz employees are off.