PSA: Don't purchase the new celestial transmog

This has been going on for years and Blizzard is just sitting on their hands and doing absolutely nothing to mitigate it.

I’m tired of the “well it’s a hard bug to track down” or “be patient” responses. It’s inexcusable at this stage.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how this even happens, at all… but they better fix it! These are ADDITIONAL PURCHASES players are making! It looks bad when the stuff doesn’t work right.

Blizzard, please fix this! Don’t wait! Fix it now! NOW!

1 Like

Friday I hardly saw anyone with that new transmog. Saturday evening on Stormrage server I was like ( this is why Blizzard will never go under). So many people running around with that set now. Thanks for the warning, hope the issues get fixed for those who are experiencing them.

1 Like

Not ~entirely~ true… the weapon fx xmog does keep disappearing and have to keep removing and equipping the weapon again to have it show. Different disappearing issue.

Having 0 visibility into what they do, my best guess is that store purchases are stored in a separate database/service and connectivity to that db/service to verify whether a player purchased an item is failing, and the state of the transmog is reverted to “nope sorry bro” rather than “hmm, can’t tell if the player still has the mog and was refunded, but instead of yanking the appearance until we can verify later on, we’ll just leave the appearance in place until then like any sensible company would do”.

That’s really the only thing that would make sense to me. Sorry for the run-on sentence btw.

I want the TLDR version.

Sure:

Tldr; Blizz probably coded things to default to “player can’t use this because we’re the grinch” if the WoW service can’t verify the purchase status of an existing mog

This is without knowing anything about their coding though.

This is the main reason I don’t buy mog items from the store. Not going to pay for a busted product that Blizz seems content to leave in a broken state (inb4 Shadowlands expansion jokes lol).

1 Like

I don’t care how things work.

I just want them to work.

Thank you for the insight, fellas. I am going to sit back and hope Blizzard fixes this today.

I planned on getting it but I definitely won’t until they fix the bug

Good thing it’s Sunday!

If they’re not working then servers should be down. I’m talking about actual Blizzard techs who can fix things like this.

If they’re off… then turn off the servers.

If they come to work Monday at 9AM then that is when we can all play again.

I think the only way this has a chance at getting resolved is for players to keep voicing their displeasure with this broken years-long bug instead of getting mad about it for a day and then forgetting about it until the next shop mog comes out.

Kind of like daylight saving time.

2 Likes

The worst is when we do that and it takes way too long to get it fixed. It’s almost unreal how problems are being allowed to fester.

You and me both, random citizen.

When you jump to purchase something from the store after being shown the lack of effort they are putting into the game that you paid for and subscribe to, you absolutely deserve what the game has become and all the issues that come with it.

Enjoy your purchase.

3 Likes

The store mogs show up on some characters but not all. Some characters have all the sets and some have non. It’s so weird.

You can’t reason with him. He will die on the hill that Blizzard is doing us a favor by charging $15 a month for a faulty product and that they bless us with the presence of microtransactions.

1 Like

Aren’t you glad that this crap is still going on after years?

1 Like

wait , can we do that ?

how much gold did it cost?