PSA: Don't purchase the new celestial transmog

I purchased it earlier today with gold and it was working fine, but it has now disappeared from my appearances. There is apparently an unsolvable bug going on for almost a year where appearances bought from the store just disappear from a player’s list and they can’t seem to solve the problem.

37 Likes

I didn’t plan on it right away, but I’m glad of the forewarning.

Probably will get it once I start playing again, most likely after Shadowlands.

Interesting, how the two store mogs are bugged. Yet the mog offered with Shadowlands Collector edition is working just fine. :thinking:

Maybe they should do it through a quest instead of just giving players the appearance. (Assuming that’s how it’s done anyways)

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

This bug has been going on since mop. So…a weeee bit more than a year lol.

7 Likes

I guess then I have no hope of using it :frowning: I hope I can get a refund

1 Like

My Wendigo Woolies and Explorer’s set from refer a friend are also disappeared. I’m actually surprised the Shadowlands set works – this issue has put me off from wanting to get the upgrade on sale because I’d assume it wouldn’t work regularly.

1 Like

It’s ironic because it’s clear blizz can’t properly code the store cosmetics, so they should just convert them to normal in-game mogs. At least then they wouldn’t randomly dissapear.

3 Likes

Well that’s confusing, I’ve had no noteable issues with the Wendigo Woolies… granted I’m not playing very often as of late. But I was on the other day making this new forum character and they were there in my T-mog appearances.

I can’t speak on the Explorer set though.

2 Likes

It’s a disgrace that Blizzard continues to put transmogs on the store while refusing to fix this bug.

Yeah Blizzard people love paying $20 for a transmog with its availability locked behind RNG.

17 Likes

Happened to me just the other day with the new back mog but in a few hours they were back. First time I’ve got this bug~

It’s disappointing still but at least they do return just fine.

That gives me hope, I’ll check again tomorrow and report back here to say if they returned or not.

They’ll eventually come back, but they’ll disappear again as well. This has been going on for years.

5 Likes

Yup, it’s why I’m kinda glad I don’t have enough gold for bnet balance to get it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For sure, like I mentioned it never happened to me personally before.

Maybe now that it’s more common they can figure out what exactly causes it, or at the very least not make you pay to re-transmog when they return.

Disappeared for me today too. The murloc backpacks and the OLD Spirite Darter’s Wings mog set also gone… First time experiencing this issue.

Longer than that - since the Wendigo Woolies came out. Luckily they never seem lost more than a couple days. I do wish they’ fix it.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Damn the Sprite darter xmog is also gone for me. What a strange bug.

1 Like

The bug also shows itself on the armory. Check this guy out:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/endlösung

2 Likes

The most complicated bug Blizzard has ever run into. No wonder FF is getting so much attention now a days.

2 Likes

Yeah, FF get a lot of flack for the mogstation but at least their mogs aren’t disappearing randomly.

7 Likes