PSA: Don't ever preorder an expansion again

Make them create the game their sales pitch hyped you up for, make them test it before they get their bonuses.

all those shiny clicks and whistles will be there at launch, the mounts and transmogs and pets wont go anywhere.

this includes you too bnet balance people.

120 Likes

Don’t tell me what to do.

32 Likes

They will have my pre order as long as I want mounts and pets.

19 Likes

What else will people with lots of bnet balance spend it on?

Seriously, only worry about what you do with your time, money and gold.

This PSA was a failure…

7 Likes

6 Likes

just my advice, if you want to wast it a year out to ensure you wont get decent content then be my guest.

1 Like

I’m going to pre-order most Blizzard games. I have disposable income and I don’t care what the Karen’s have to say about me spending money on stuff I enjoy.

24 Likes

hows diablo immortal treating ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’m going to be playing the game regardless so I’ll take the goodies thanks.

7 Likes

Someone says this every single xpac, and then WITHOUT FAIL (with the exception of WoD) every single NEXT xpac, ppl are like, “Gosh, I wish it was still the last xpac… I didn’t know what I had.”

The impatience. The petulance. The nownownow attitudes. I agree this xpac is not moving along as smoothly as others have, but it came out in the thick of the pandemic… It’s like you’re expecting them to be at their best during one of their most difficult times to even make content… lol. :baby:

3 Likes

I bet you squat in line for the next generation of regurgitated dross that is the iPhone series.

1 Like

If Blizzard announced a pre-order for the next expansion, said it would include an unspecified pet and mount, and a level boost, and offered a generous discount without ANY other information – no title, no plot summary, no specifics, I’d probably sign on.

Just for the savings.

3 Likes

Unrelated to WoW but I stopped pre-ordering Blizz products after Reforged

2 Likes

nah im not a fan of nets on the slave labor factories to keep the kids from jumping

3 Likes

if people want to pre-order, that’s fine.

but i don’t understand why so many repeatedly choose the route of:

• pre-order
  • get outraged over something
  • refund pre-order
  • buy it again anyway

just… WHY?
what is wrong with people, that they do this?
if you’re unsure about the purchase, just… wait? :scream:

(i’ve never pre-ordered anything, apart from expansions when they needed to be picked up at the store)

14 Likes

I dont buy deluxes editions. I just want something to do while i am not doing university chores.

So for my almost anything goes. I like grindy things, i like to slowly work on things, very slowly.

1 Like

can’t agree more on this

2 Likes

You beat me to it

I want the Collector Editions so I’m likely just going to keep buying those. More than anything, I like the visuals of them on my shelves.

Warcraft Reforged definitely made me reconsider pre ordering other Blizzard games, though honestly that one turned out to be more of a $30 mount for me that came with a game so no real issue at the end of the day.

The issue is until they stop shoving systems into every orifice of the game, it won’t feel like anything but a paid beta regardless of how many people purchase or pre-purchase.

Why do people make such a big deal about this?

So Blizzard is making a mobile game. Who cares? Name a gaming company that isn’t getting in the mobile business.

3 Likes