PSA: Don't ever preorder an expansion again

That mounts getting it’s money’s worth from me riding around Maldraxxus.

Yep, I love using it from time to time, so even if the game turned out Eh, the mount is great!

I still don’t think I can justify the Deluxe Edition for TBC. If it had a physical box, I’d do it. But otherwise…

you all know you can get the deluxe collectors editions after launch right? like i bought the one for cata like 2 years ago from a walmart discount rack for like 20$ i have the box/art books and all the in game merch. and i didn’t have to support lazy development to have it, just saying. SL and bfa versions are everywhere atm statue and all.

1 Like

Once it’s announced and pre-orders become available, I’ll be pre-ordering it and there’s nothing you can do about it.

So long as I find the game fun I’ll keep playing and paying for it. That also includes paying for the expansions.

1 Like

A dark day in the world of Blizzard.

Worst part? The original WC3 doesn’t even exist anymore.

I think people missed the point you were trying to make because of the way it was all worded. They went straight from title to forming an opinion and then reading the rest. That’s what titles do. Your point also got lost in the midst of your post, too.

I get what you’re saying: if they don’t have the funds and the preorders, it might push them to put out a better and more complete product, instead of looking at the presales and going, “sweet, we got 'em, everyone can relax!”

9 Likes

Yet, you did support them! Have to admit your story about getting the CE at discount 20$ sounds pretty fishy to me.

your probably right, i’m not much of a word smith, just didn’t expect people to take it like a personal attack haha…

No walmart supported them by stocking it, i just bought it off them after they discounted it.

Didn’t really waste my money or gold since I’m content with my purchase. That’s not up to you

When you tell someone not to do something these days, that’s the type of response that automatically comes out. lol

2 Likes

Yeah, this means you supported them.

2 Likes

Yes, after the game release. This was their point:

So they’re saying people should think about just waiting to buy the packs once the expansion releases or maybe just like a week before. As a way to give them incentive to make it the best without relying on presale dollars.

I’m not saying whether or not this theory would work, but that’s what they were trying to explain.

5 Likes

I don’t think you understand how retail stock works, they don’t just lend company’s their product with kind wishes and fairy dust, the sale happened from blizzard when the company stocked it, regardless of if i bought it or not… i just gave a 3rd party some money for what was going to waste on a shelf, so no i didn’t support them in buying it.

also i never said not to buy it, i just said to wait till it released, and i think by the merit of this argument buying cata in legion was in fact after cata launch, unless you want to mental gymnastics that too.

3 Likes

you must not be here much the forums decided long ago wod was way better than shadowlands by far including bfa. i don’t and won’t just another run of the mill game company with subpar games. what do they have right now even worth buying? oh i forgot no one likes acti but they actually have better games.

With the advent of digital downloads, there is very little benefit to pre-ordering anything.

Though people will do whatever they want with their money, and if it’s a game you are 100% going to play even if it’s bad(which is honestly the case for a lot of us with WoW) then there isn’t much downside to it that isn’t going to happen regardless of if you pre-ordered or not.

People just need to keep in mind you can get burned pre-ordering. There is no such thing as “That company would never do us dirty like that”. People said that of CDPR.

(obviously things are different if you’re buying a physical copy, especially a collector’s edition)

2 Likes

Well, your theory is wrong. It won’t make a difference in content if you wait till release or buy with pre-order.

Also, just because you buy something through a third party doesn’t mean you aren’t support the company that made the something.

I have always pre ordered expansions in every game I play, Blizzard finally broke me of that habit with Shadowlands and I am forever joining the wait and see what it has to offer me before I buy crowd.

2 Likes

Yeah, their point is also incorrect that they will get more content if they wait until release to make the purchase.

They didn’t say more content, I don’t think. I believe they meant less bugs, better implementation. But again, no idea if that’ll actually work to incentivize Blizz or not.

2 Likes

tell that to no mans sky or any of the recent fall out games.

you wouldn’t know until you tried.

waiting until something is discounted to a price below what the 3rd party actually paid for it will in fact dissuade a company from carrying said product, even if sold.

I have enough income to do so, I still will